Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Report Writing Sofware

I know its the holidays and the last thing peolple want to think about is reports.... but..... what software did you use to write your reports this year and what do you think of it? Does it have spellchecker and grammer checker etc?

We have used report assist for 2 years :o and I have been asked to look at different packages for next year.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you

L :)

Hi Lorna,

We don't use one, being a small nursery, but I was just wondering what you didn't like about report-assist? I had a demo once, thought it was OK but couldn't justify the cost.

Hi Lorna -

There's a discussion going on here about admin and record keeping software which you might like to have a look at. There are a couple of packages which might be worth a look at, although I wouldn't go so far as to recommend them as I've not had time to look at them thoroughly. The first has been mentioned a number of times in various discussions, and is from Skills Factory. You can find out more about that one here.

The other one has a demo version which you can download, although you need quite a high bandwidth to do so as it's a very big file. You can find more information and the download here.

I'd also be interested to here more about your package, report assist, which I've not come across! :)

Hi Lorna

I previously used a package called Assessease which was ok for what I needed. This year I used Report Assist as the school we are attached to have just started to use it. With both packages I changed alot of the statements to suit my setting.

Carol

The problems we have had with report assist include being sent the wrong disks numerous times to upgrade our package. This year they included a spell checking facility but sadly it is very lackluster.... if you happen to hit a comma or other character when typing it doesn't pick it up as a spelling mistake. Their also needs to be a grammar checker and the spacing on the program was a pain if would appear one way and print another and quite often when you saved a report and then went back to it the spacing had changed spreading one sentence across two or three lines.

The statement banks.... I didn't really use them.

We just want to see if there is something which is more user friendly and a word processing package rather than having a half hearted spell checker etc..

Thanks for the suggests I will have a look.

L

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)