Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wooden Small World

I am looking to buy a wooden farm, but having looked through all of the catalogues, and only having a very small quarterly budget ( this budget includes paint, sand, ingredients for dough(yes my staff claim for a bag of flour!!) juice and snack ingredients)

:o I cannot really justify the prices that NES and such are asking, my local college woodwork dept will not accomodate us, and I really need a substantial farm.

Does anyone have any ideas, or websites that I could try????

ELC farm did it's job but xD

1. the staff let the children throw it around and break it.

2. It is not really built for 35 children using it most days!!!!

Help!!!!

Jan

Have you tried Yorkshire Purchasing? They are nearly always cheaper than the other catalogues. Also GLS are usually reasonably priced.

Linda

Thanks for your suggestions, trying them out.

I use ebay quite a lot, I have collected many things from there in the past and I am beginning to make my way through the toys categories. We have a fisher price castle with no knights, I am buying them as they come up at bargain prices, and I have bought a load of little tikes space toys.

Thanks again

Janet

I made a suggestion in the light box topic. It was to liaise with a secondary school.

The same suggestion could be valid here. For GCSE technology (notably 'resistant materials' - us geriatrics know it as woodwork) children design and make. Schools like a child to have a working remit for their project (it means they work with potential users and can then evaluate their result).

A wooden farm/zoo would be a super GCSE project.

My eldest child's contemporaries made super things two years ago (such as a wonderful dolls' house suitable for use by ages 3-4). Unfortunately, I saw some of the results go to staff for use by their own children. A better outcome would have been for them to go to educational settings. I'm sure any setting that had the project results would have given positive feedback (e.g. photos of the item in use that the child would have been able to use in their post GCSE portfolio if they wanted to).

When I have my own pre-school (ha, ha), this is one resource that I will not ignore.

Diane.

noticed that early learning had some of their knight figures in the sale yesterday . don`t know if they would go with the fisher price castle ,might be worth a look.

maddy.

Spooky or what, I was in the Early Learning Centre on Saturday with some of our casual wear day money, and ended up spending it on knights, they fit a treat!!

Janet

Hi, Oxfam (or possibly another charity shop!) had wooden toys. Ark, train, people, animals, vehicles. All new and boxed and only around £10. Amazon sel wooden toys too but I've no idea if they're any good . :D