Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Unsure

fizzy

Ive put togeather new admission forms (with the help of you lovely people) ready for the EYFS. Now, should i give these to all children that are already on the books, or just the new admissions after sept 08. i hate to waste paper!

Difficult one this. If you dont' want to waste paper perhaps you could do a supplementary asking for the new/different information?

Mind you: I remember a few years ago at Brownies issuing new contact details forms (can't remember why!) and I was amazed at how many details had changed: new allergies/medical conditions parents hadn't thought to tell us about! Sometimes its worth looking at these things again from time to time to make sure the information you have is up to date, and correct!

Maz

we usually do an update form each September for all children - usually just a page to ensure correct address and phone numbers.. amazing how many move and don't tell us!! , this year it will include all the info needed which is not on the previous registration form

Inge

It's a bit early for me!! What additional information? Where can i find it? We have been going through the statutory guidance and have made a map of where all the relevant information is stored, haven't come across anything too different to what we hold now.

Its mostly about documentation and what info you need to hold on a child.. our LEA gave us one to use which contains everything they could find..

some of it is things like name and address of every parent / carer known to the provider

which person does the child normally live with

There was a lot of other bits on the form they came up with which they found in the EYFS..so we just added a few bits to our current form..

For anyone who is interested I will put it in the resources area...

Inge

Inge that would be a real help - thank you. We ask all our parents to complete a new registration form each September. As said above it is amazing the things some people don't think to tell you about. If any parents arrive on the first day without it and they are returners we ask them to read through the old form and sign and date it as well as make any alterations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)