Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Formats

Hi there, I am currently teachign a mixed aged reception / year one class, as of september I have secured another position as a nursery teacher. Very excited but just wondered really what planning people use and how much and how often in terms of focused activites. I will pretty much set my class up as I do now with areas of proviison and using continuous provision but just wondering how many focused activities per week people do and how much and how often you put pieces of work / evidence in profiles? I will do incidental obs, whole ch obs for 20 mins ( one per child per term???)

Support would be welcome to get me started

thanks

:o

Hi there, I am currently teachign a mixed aged reception / year one class, as of september I have secured another position as a nursery teacher. Very excited but just wondered really what planning people use and how much and how often in terms of focused activites. I will pretty much set my class up as I do now with areas of proviison and using continuous provision but just wondering how many focused activities per week people do and how much and how often you put pieces of work / evidence in profiles? I will do incidental obs, whole ch obs for 20 mins ( one per child per term???)

Support would be welcome to get me started

thanks

:o

Hello I am in the same position so if you get any information let me know! Good luck

Faye

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My LA has put some suggested formats on their web site http://www.durhamlea.org.uk/earlyyearsfoundationstage/

Hi Marion,

New to forum and wanted to say a real chunky THANKYOU - the Durham files aRE brill. I'm a new head with lovely NQT Foundation. I was an NNEB in another life!! No EYFS then!!

Also some other kind soul submitted B.H. NURSERY CLASS PLANNING FOR 3-4 YEAR OLDS- there were two items actually - both excellent.

HELP I CAN'T FIND THEM - SOMEBODY OUT THERE PLS POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Don't know if I have anything to offer - but will try and sibmit myself - thanks again.

Rede :o

Hello all.

Just wanted to add my thanks......

Marion the link to your authority's formats for planning was really useful!!

My head is so full of the info I have read on the site as a whole, since starting to post last week that I could do with downloading it all somewhere so I can relax and enjoy the last 2 weeks of the summer break!!!

Anyway thanks again :o

I am struggling to open the documents once I have opened up the durham link.

Anybody know why?? Perhaps I am just being really stupid!!

Jellytots

I'm assuming because they are freely available there are no copyright issues

EYFS Durham suggested planning formats

Here are some planning formats devised by the Early Years central team, designed to fulfil the requirements fo the EYFS.

Medium and short term can be downloaded now and long term is to follow.

It is thought that the weekly plan could be for more than one week, depending on the responses of the children.

For short term the daily room plan or the focus sheet should be used NOT both!

EYFS_MTplan3_5.doc

EYFS_ST_weekly_area_plan.doc

EYFS_ST_daily_plan_3_5.doc

focus_sheet.doc

Thank you so much for that link. I'll definitely be adapting those long term plans to use from September. They must have taken ages!

New to the site, mind boggling with all the info and topics. currently doing a nvq 3 so im sure this site will be great. presently working in a small classroom setting (nursery) always looking for ideas on themes and classroom displays. hope to pick up lots of ideas from you all :o

My LA has put some suggested formats on their web site http://www.durhamlea.org.uk/earlyyearsfoundationstage/

Sorry for the late reply to this post!

On these example plans, for the parts relating to the EYFS, Unique child and all that jazz, Are the things you have written down actual objectives from the document, or are they things that have been created to fit that box?

Do you get what I mean?

I haven't got my copy of the EYFS with me, or I'd check! (even though I'm feeling at the moment like I should have it sellotaped to my leg everywhere I go... haha!)

xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)