Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Running

I just thought I would share with you all the fact that I have now finished my very first series of races xD I took part in the East Midlands Grand Prix and below are my finishing times and positions.

Silverstone - 10K - 60.26 - 907/993

Rugby - 6 miles - 57.58 - 312/321

Bedford - 6 miles - 56.25 - 240/256

Corby - 5 miles - 46.57 - 254/276

Weedon - 10K - 58.52 - 286/305

Banbury - 5 miles - 45.29 - 301/324

Harborough - 5 miles - 44.45 - 321/348

Milton Keynes - 10K - 57.47 - 372/419

I have managed to improve in all races :( I'm particularly pleased with my 10K and 5 mile races. Last night at Milton Keynes it was soooooooooooooo hot, we set off at 7.45pm at 26 degrees. It was a boring run with very long stretches of straight road.

Silverstone was good, and again very hot, I ran around the race track twice!

If anyone else is thinking of doing anything like it, then I would say go for it :( It was a great experience and when I look back I really did enjoy them all. :o

I am really impressed. I have just started running myself this year and although I never thought I would be a runner I am quite surprised how much I am enjoying it. I am doing race for life in July but I am already doing 5ks 3 times a week for the enjoyment of it. I am also hoping to do a 10k in October.

My times are nowhere near yours at the moment but I suppose that comes with practice.

Sue

Guest Wolfie

Fantastic - well done you! I've juist supported my OH through his first triathlon in Windsor and know how much hard work goes into something like that - I take my hat off to you!

Fantastic - well done you! I've juist supported my OH through his first triathlon in Windsor and know how much hard work goes into something like that - I take my hat off to you!

Windsor? If I'd known I'd have come to say hello, Wolfie!

Congratulations, Brenda. I take my hat off to you (as one who gets out of breath walking to the 'fridge :o )

Maz