Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We Had Our Ofsted Visit

And I just can't keep the news to myself any longer - we have moved from 'Inadequate with notice to improve' to GOOD!!!! I am so happy, all our hard work has paid off!!

I don't know if you remember but I started as 'acting manager' at the preschool back in March, after the inadequate ruling and then became 'Manager' a few weeks ago. So I also had my Suitability Interview and passed that too.

:o

Well I'm here and I would like to tell everybody that if it wasn't for Chicken Licken the place would have closed and I would have still been banging my head against the wall. Chicken Licken has been the only one who has listened to my ideas- weather they are good or bad. She has transformed the place in a matter of just a few months, who knows what we will be like next year. I am so glad she was made manager as she really does deserve it, she has worked late into the night to get where we are. I only wished all the other staff realised how hard she has worked. I'm very proud to be her Deputy- it's just a shame my youngest son is moving up to school this Sept and wont get to see the benefits. Well done boss!

WOW! What an inspiration to us all. I am in the same position myself, we are expecting Ofsted anyday for our reinspection, I have been in charge since the 1st of May and we have all been working very hard indeed, we are hoping to get satisfactory woth areas of good. Well done to you and your team.

Congratulations chicken licken and moocher xD Just shows what good team work can achieve, good leaders, followers and good communication, respect and value of each others skills. :( Hope you are planning some fun celebrations, and chicken licken do you think moochers after a pay rise? (only joking :o )

Best of luck to wendles, I am sure all your hard work will be recognised and rewarded with an Ofsted result to be proud of :(

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...
WOW! What an inspiration to us all. I am in the same position myself, we are expecting Ofsted anyday for our reinspection, I have been in charge since the 1st of May and we have all been working very hard indeed, we are hoping to get satisfactory woth areas of good. Well done to you and your team.

Well done to you Chicken Lickin! you must be relieved and feeling great. Well, is it possible for you to share any areas that are definetly going to be looked at - especially with the implimentation of the new EYFS?

Hope you can share your experiences.

Chali Bear :o

• 1 month later...

Hello!

We had an Ofsted in May, our first since we opened up private nursery provision, and after school care in September 07.

I was very worried indeed as I am new to the manager type role but the Ofsted went very well and I am indebted to my brilliant staff team!!!!!!!!

We had some goods, with some outstandings also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What our inspector did say as she left was that the next inspection would be looking very closely at self evaluation......... I know its not new news as such but that was exactly what she said!!!!!!!

Maybe something to concentrate on if you haven't done much work in that area!!

Well done to Chicken Licken and Moocher on the good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recieved my paper copy of the SEF from ofsted yesterday as i hate ready loads of stuff on the computer. i will probably fill it out online though. it looks really daunting but i am sure people on here will help.

have you look at the link about what ofsted will be looking for i have just read it and it looks interesting.

angela

We are also expecting our Ofsted inspection any day now and I too am a new Manager. Well done to everyone that has done so well in transforming their settings I know the extreme hard work that must have gone in to achieving this.

Could anybody please send me a link or details about the SEF

thanks

:oxD:(:(

WOW THATS GR8 NEWS WELL DONE,

im very happy for you and it gives us all hope that our hard work does pay off

good luck to every one with their Ofsted inspections it would be good to find out how we all do!

big pat on the back to you

I've attached the new SEF

Cathy

be careful i used this and found i couldnt copy/past to Ofsted online

millhil gave good advice if this happens to drag the txt to the online site?

but this is a good way to print off a hard copy to keep

good luck with it x :o