Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree With The Ou

Just finished yet another assignment for the course E124. I'm drowning in paper, fed up with trying to show my knowledge in such a tiny word count and NO ONE has seen my dining room table for weeks!!!!

Will attend another tutorial in Derby tomorrow and when I've cleared away all things OU I have to start writing reports for 10 leavers. Phew! Isn't it a busy time of year.

Still, I will look forward to 2 weeks in France from the 10th July and a week in Dublin catching up with family.

Boy will I need it!!!! :o

Just thought - this should probably be in the Lounge.

oww bless you something nice to look forward too :o - ive just booked for me and my daughter to go see my mum in Cyprus for a week the day after we finish work - girlie week cant wait!!! xD

Well done to you. :o ..I always think I wish I could have a room, (a fellow student has), an office, or somewhere to put all my work and books for study... then when it is tea time walk away and shut the door, however I am just like you...dining room table is covered most of the time.

Hi Dublinbay - I expect you are REALLY looking forward to your holdiay :o I am just about to complete application for Foundation Degree Sector Endorsed - what are your thoughts doing it by OU - I wonder if I would work indepdently at home, or better to go to college one day a week ? Dot

I wonder if I would work indepdently at home, or better to go to college one day a week ?

Depends on how strict you are with yourself, Dot! We're all different aren't we? I need the encouragement and support of going into college each week to keep me on the straight and narrow! :o Whatever you decide, we'll be here encouraging you from the sidelines!

Maz

:o I'm drowning also....have E124 assignment to get finished..cut-off date 4th July. Can't believe where the time is going this year. I have started it but need another 300 or so words, my brain gone numb!!!!

No holiday for me this year...having extension instead!!!

Keep going mrsb xD

I handed last 3 assignments in yesterday!! No more now til september HOORAY!! :o

I know what you mean though i was feeling like that last week but with the support from all 'my friends' on here I got through it so a big big THANKYOU everyone.

Dot - I needed the support from a 'group' and tutor but as said it depends on YOU and your learning style. GOOD LUCK whatever you decide :(

I attended college when I did my level 3 DPP and thought that I learnt better in this way. However, working on my own doing the FD with the OU has been a fantastic experience.

I find that I am organised in regard to studying and as long as I stick to the study calender I know that I'll get there in the end.

Yes, stuff happens that can cause delays in assignments but thats what extensions are for (not the kind Mrsb is getting!!! xD )

In the end its all down to personal preferences. We have our own ways and styles of learning. Whatever you decide you can bet you'll get as much help as you need from the fokes on here.

Good Luck Dot! :o

Mrsb is this tma2 you are doing? My deadline is also July 4th but as I'm going to my tutorial tomorrow I want to hand it in then. Otherwise I'll only fiddle with it and start changing things. xD

You're nearly there so keep plugging away. Good luck! :o

Hi All tlhanks all for your words of support - I was thinking doing the OU route as one of my parents is an early years lecturer for OU - she is really lovely and gives me so many marks out of a 100 for letters sent out activities etc...... xD Lucky so far as her marks have been good......................though I think I need the strick college route. Dot :o

Mrsb is this tma2 you are doing? My deadline is also July 4th but as I'm going to my tutorial tomorrow I want to hand it in then. Otherwise I'll only fiddle with it and start changing things. :(

You're nearly there so keep plugging away. Good luck! :o

Hi dublinbay....yes it is tma2 and I too have tutorial tomorrow....I've done it xD:( Was hoping I could hand it in to tutor tomorrow, wasn't sure if I could though.

Well done - Good for you! :o

You can see by the time that I'm still up as my printer is acting rather odd.

Not doing any more tonight or rather this morning. I'll sort it out later.

Good luck at your tutorial and just think............only one more tma and then the Eca and then its all over......for a while! xD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)