Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We Can Print At Last!

starsky

Hi everyone

I needed to get something off my chest

About a month ago our very expensive laser printer stopped working - like it was not connected to the computer anymore. We tried everything, called in two lots of techies from our head office but nothing.

It is soooooo difficult not having a printer in a nursery, no registers, no photos, no invoices, no letters, no way to print off my very important informtion for my very important staff meeting on saturday. Everything had to be done by hand.

I came into nursery today - super early may i add - to have a look at it, determined to fix it. I looked at it and decided to have a fiddle - I pulled out the USB connection and put it into another port and low and behold the thing kicks into life!

Now i am no computer wizz but what were the techies doing if they couldnt even figure that one out!

Well i feel better now i got that of my chest!

Nursery is back to normal - staff are very happy that they now have all their pictures they had been taking - two memory cards full!!!!

Thanks for listening

A very relieved Claire :oxD:(

On a similar but more basic theme, the wheels on our cloakroom trolley have been temperamental for some time (can be measured in months rather than weeks). One of the casters had completely sheared off yesterday, and so I was removing all the others. My daughter idly picked up one of the casters and realised why they had been so difficult to manoevre.... the brakes were on. Doh!

Glad you're fully functioning again Claire (well at least in terms of printing) :o

Maz

My daughter idly picked up one of the casters and realised why they had been so difficult to manoevre.... the brakes were on. Doh!

Glad you're fully functioning again Claire (well at least in terms of printing) :o

Maz

Maz that actually really made me smile!

Simple things hey

Claire

oh for the days of the old spirit bander machines :o ...haven't we come a long way

....and the smell of the papers as they came off the machine. Lets break out the pear drops in nostalgic celebration!