Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq3

Em1980

Hi this is my first ever post, so please be gentle. I am currently approaching the end of 3 years of studying my NVQ3. My college that I studied at 2 years ago seem unable to help me when asking for guidence on how to get it assessed. Has anyone ever been in a simular situation? If so can you please help. I really need it to be marked but have no idea on how to go about this. Any help or guidence on this matter will be very greatly appreciated.

Hi Em,

Don't worry about it being your first post: you did fine! :o

I'm not sure I understand the position you're in: have you not been registered with a college or training provider for your NVQ? Have you not had an assessor allocated to you during your studies?

When you studied at the college two years ago, was that to begin the NVQ, and you've just continued it on your own for another year?

Sorry about all the questions, but I need to understand what position you're in xD

Hi Em,

Don't worry about it being your first post: you did fine! :o

I'm not sure I understand the position you're in: have you not been registered with a college or training provider for your NVQ? Have you not had an assessor allocated to you during your studies?

When you studied at the college two years ago, was that to begin the NVQ, and you've just continued it on your own for another year?

Sorry about all the questions, but I need to understand what position you're in xD

Hi sorry it was a little vague.

I stuydied at a college 2 years ago. My assessor left but passed it on to another. Hvae made many phone calls this week but am still haven't had a reply on what to do. I am really worried now as I need it marked before september as I am a deputy, and under the EYFS I have to be quailfied. The college argument is that I never attended after finishing the forst year. But I didn't need to as all of the work needed to be completed by my assessor was done. I have been told that I could possiblbly pay a assessor to mark it. But am not sure where to look for one. I hope that kind of answers some of your questions. Many thanks for your reply.

Hello em1980, a warm welcome to the forum :o

As others have said the college should be able to help with more info. I think that most assessors are employed by a college, a training agency or job specific organisations, ie: my local Education Authority has trained people to become NVQ assessors, to assess the childcare workforce, funded by European funding.

Maybe a call to your LEA might help, find training agency's in yellow pages, or look up assessment centre's , another idea the local adult education centre.

Learn direct website has a contact facility to ask questions, maybe they can help.

click on this link HERE.

You have an interesting dilemma and I'd be interested to know how you get on, ooh, another source of advice, try the CWDC

Childrens workforce development council. Their contact details are HERE.

Not knowing all your circumstances it does appear that the college have left you with lack of advice/support, I hope you get it sorted as I know how much hard work goes into completing the NVQ 3.

Peggy

Hi Em,

First of all welcome to the forum. :o

I am a little confused by your situation too. xD Just to clarify, an assessor doesn't 'mark' your work - an assessor is there to check that the evidence you provide is valid, reliable and fair and shows that you are able to work to the necessary standard and have a good understanding of why you work that way. Assessment should be an ongoing thing and not just confined to a few direct observations. Am I right in thinking that you are no longer registered with the college for your NVQ?

The problem you face is that an assessor cannot just assess your folder without having links with a registered centre. The assessors work is also assessed by an Internal Verifier to make sure there is standardisation across the award and the centre/college as a whole is also 'assessed' by an External Verifier to make sure that the candidates who achieve the award are of the correct standard.

I am going to move your post out of Foundation Stage Profiles into the NVQ section of the forum.

Hi Em

I just wanted to sympathise with your position, but can't offer any help because the whole world of NVQs is a mystery to me! Welcome to the Forum though - you'll find a wealth of expertise and support here.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)