Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Last Day Tomorrow!

Sitting here thinking about tomorrow. it's my last day and the end of my first year as manager, and i'm getting all emotional!! how silly am I? I have 6 children leaving for 'Big' school and know i'm not going to make it past the first sentence when I address the parents without blubbering!!

to anyone else finishinig this week, well done on a teriffic job, what would the world do without us!!!! :D:o

Trea x :)

I always find the end of term emotioal....tirdness mixed with emotions of children leaving and the thought of a nice rest.....

i finish on friday 9after the anual teddy bears picnic.. happy hols to all :D:D

Hi

Our last day is Friday and I always get upset. I have 10 children going to school and most of them have been with me for 2 years. It just goes to show what caring people we are.

Carol

I shall not only be saying goodbye to 18 children next Friday but also saying goodbye to my building. I have run my pre-school from there for 23 years. I have moved house three times during this time and I have watched my children develop from juniors to adulthood and seen my grandchildren play there.

Never mind I am looking forward to meeting new children and settling in those children we are taking with us.

I had a 2 hour interview with the Ofsted inspector and she was quite happy with all my plans,observations and policies that I am currently using.She was even quite happy with my pre-1989 qualification.I felt very confident because of all the valuable information I gain from here so thank you Steve and Helen and all the members who contribute so much useful information.

So please may it continue because she did warn me that at the next inspection they will have to find some weaknesses because all setting need to have an action agenda!!!!.

Funny feeling!

This year I can do last few days of pre-school year easily, with no angst. Most of our movers-on are going to the school where my youngest will be in top-year next year. I will come across them over the forthcoming school year.

Next year will be different. As my youngest moves to secondary school, the primary school will be an unknown quantity to me (only the leader and her deputy provide the interface - the rest of us, all unqualified, don't need to know). I will miss the continuity, informal as it may be.

This is another reason why I want to progress in this setting (neither the leader nor the deputy live here): it is my village, and it gives me a good chance of of maintaining relationships with the children and families that I have worked with. Maybe not a EY professional outlook. The holistic approach taken to the limit!!!

Let's raise children to be an integral part of their own community, to have concern and respect, and a desire to make it work! Although I have no inclination to work hands-on with pre-teens and onwards, I feel that ongoing relationships must contribute to reductions in vandalism, unacceptable behaviour, substance abuse, etc., etc.

Diane.