Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chinese Poem

We are going to be looking at China in our run up to sports day (Olympics). Every week we send home a poem to share but I'm stumped trying to find one with a Chinese theme. Any ideas out there please? :o

Edited by Guest

Hi

I came across this Chinese nursery rhyme the other day - can't help with pronunciation though.

Hong ching-ting…

Hong ching-ting.

Ching ching ting.

Shih shang ching ching ting,

Shui shang ching ching ting,

Feng li ching ching ting.

Translation to English:

Red dragonflies

Gently stop.

On the rocks gently they stop,

On the water gently they stop,

In the breeze gently they stop.

Attached (I hope, it's my first time attaching) are some pics I used when I did a display on Chinese writing. My class loved trying to copy Chinese numbers and characters using black paint and thin brushes. I remember my TA found a website that translated English words into Chinese characters and the chidren adored having their name printed out in Chinese.

Hope the topic goes well.

Chinese_writing.doc

Lovely poem Kaloufl, and display pics. :o

I remember the boys in my preschool were really motivated to try writing using feathers and black paint.

Peggy

post-3604-1213564313_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1213564369_thumb.jpg

They were swan and duck feathers collected by my son from around our local lakes, he collected them to make fishing floats. So if you know a fisherman................ :( (they are called quill floats, used by course fisherman, not sure if seagull feathers are used by sea fishermen :wacko: )

hubby says don't catch a swan and pluck em, cause it hurts xD (probably more you than them :oxD :rolleyes: )

Seriously, my son found lots of feathers around the lakes, enough to last for years. :(

I've just done a google and found this supplier HERE

THINK I MIGHT HAVE A WALK DOWN THE LAKES THIS WEEK AND SUPPLY SOME MYSELF. :(

Peggy

• 6 months later...

Some good ideas here for anyone doing Chinese New year! We used a linewriter's paintbrush which has long bristles to do our Chinese name writing, but any long bristled brush or soft paintbrush would do. The children used black paint to make wall display pictures and gold ink to write on their lai see/ang pow (depending on your Chinese region) red envelope for chocolate coins.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)