Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play/home Corner

Hi Mrsb

I have seprate home corner and roleplay. Our role play area is guided by the children. At the beginning of a term they decide what they want it to be and throughout the term they sometimes change it. This term they have decided they want a cafe. they set it up with support and decide the props. It is in the opposite corner to the home corner but when they wanted a hospital we moved it next to the home corner. it can be sometimes a problem when they choose a role play and we don't have props but its amazing what you can print and download and make.

We also have both a role play area and home corner. The home corner is a constant with the same resources out every day, and the role play areas (indoor and out) are lead by the children. With props and resources added to and made by the children, they usually last about 4 - 6 weeks depending how quickly they get bored with it.

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment we only have the one area but in September I'm hoping to have a good shuffle around to fit in both. Also, we have a shed outside I'm hoping to clean out and wallpaper and make in to a 'home corner' for outdoors.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)