Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registration Forms

I have had a new child who registered at the nursery today, the child's address is recorded as a post office box number. I have not encountered this before and do not know if this is acceptable or not.

Does anyone know if this is ok or not.

Thankyou in advance Jojom x

Gosh that seems a bit strange. I wouldn't have thought a PO box number would be acceptable? Like a mobile number, it's hard to trace back. Did the family give any reason for not providing a home address?

Sally

It states in the EYFS:

Data

Providers must record the following information for each child in their care:

full name;

date of birth;

the name and address of every parent and carer who is known to the provider;

which of these parents or carers the child normally lives with;

emergency contact details of the parents and carers.

Providers must record and submit the following information to their local authority about individual

children receiving the free entitlement to early years provision as part of the Early Years Census:

full name;

date of birth;

address;

gender;

ethnicity;*

special educational needs status;

the number of funded hours taken up during the census week;

total number of hours (funded and unfunded) taken up at the setting during the census week.

* This data item can be collected on a voluntary basis. A child's ethnicity should only be recorded

where parents have identified the ethnicity of their child themselves.

Similar but different - we have a child starting who will be brought from grandma's each day and grandma has registered her with us. We have decided we need to also have the home address (grandma minds her on the days she will attend). Our reasoning is really for safety in case we need to call physically for any reason and also for data information for funding, etc. Would your LA accept a PO box as full information for funding?

I have read through the EYFS requirements and feel we are not meeting the address requirements i also spoke to my early years adviser today who also didnt know if this was aceptable or not

I would have thought it's definately not acceptable, certainly i would imagine your LEA will want a formal address,though of course, it could be considered part of their rights to NOT give you any more info?? New one on me though!

we have some with PO boxes as postal addrresses. quite often actually , . our LEA accepts them and Ofsted were happy... we only know why it is a PO box because we have close contact with them and they often contact us, not all parents want to disclose why to someone they do not know well. Due to confidentiality I am unable to give reason for it but it is possible.

Inge