Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leavers' Gifts

I know this old chestnut comes up every year!!

Has anyone got any exciting/ inspirational (or amazingly cheap!) ideas for leavers gifts at the end of the summer term? Or do you have a good idea for places to purchase gifts? Maybe you don't give gifts but celebrate leaving in another special way?? We usually present Leavers with their Learning Journey books and a present such as a book or a mug filled with sweets or pencils at the end of our party on the last day. I found a lovely leavers poem on this site which I thought would be good to put at the end of their book. Any suggestions very welcome!! Ann x :o

I have a dear old lady who lives next door (my mother!) and she make cross stitch pictures. These are put into a frame and I write a little something on the back. The girls either have a ballerina or an angel and the boys a pirate or boy holding a spider. I've done this for a few years now and they love them. Goes down well with the parents too! :o

:o Hi there, last year we bought some Usborne books on various subjects such as Ballet, Under the Sea, Dogs, Weather and so on. They were £3.99 each and are about A5 hardback size. We put a little book plate inside for each child and then the non-leavers sponge painted paper which we used to wrap each book. They were so popular that we are doing the same again this year.

Good luck

We usually give books too. We get ours from Scholastics. One year they didn't have the books we ordered xD so they sent a replacement free of charge and then sent the originally ordered books in time too!! We had enough for the following yar too!! :o

We are quite lucky, as we are such a small pre-school we try to buy individual presents based on the interests of the children up to the value of £5.

We also present a framed pictures of all the leavers and of course all of their individual pathways.

Might try changing it a bit this year but not sure how yet.

Hi we give our leavers a book (From the book people) Couls you point me the right direction for the poem Annie-pops please.

Last post...

leavers poem

We amke it into a book mark and all staff sign it.

also a link in there to another page and other poems

Inge

Edited by Inge

we are giving all ours a CD with their photos on taken throughout the year, plus we are having a graduation disco- my boogie shoes are itching to get on that dance floor already :o

Hi Skippy - I am trying to find where I found the poem, I printed it off and it starts "You are a very special person" but I can't find where it's located on here! I will keep looking and post appropriately! I've found poems but just not the one I was looking for!! xx

Think I may have found it! It was posted by Inge so hopefully she won't mind me passing it on!I don't know how to make a link - It's on a post called "Leaving Gifts, what gifts do you give to children leaving for school" and is in post no 9 by Inge (May 12 08). I thought it was just simple and sweet!! Okay so I'm a computer duffer!! I looked at the "Insert Post Link" thing and was struck with terror!! xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

what we do in our nursery is take a photo of the childs first day in nursery and write a short paragraph of how they were and what they did. We then take a photo each term trying to cover all the areas of learning and any trips etc. then we take a final photo before they leave nursery and again write short paragraph of how they have settled matured etc. We laminate this to make a book held together with fancy ribbons.

The children and parents love this and is something for both child and parent to cherish.

Hope this helps.

We bought bubbles for each child if you shop around eg pound land do ten bottles for a pound to give each child and split the cost between the staff.,

Christine x :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)