Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Non English Readers

Hi, I've just been able to send a report home to one of our families written in both English and their home language of Greek. I found a web page which translated the report into Greek for me. It took about 30 seconds for the translation to come through, and today the nan told me how delighted they were, (Phew, it could of said anything!)The site is called INTER TRAN, and it was free to use. :D

super idea to use to invlove and inform parents. Now tell me does it translate to broad yorkshire, as well? :oxD:(

Now tell me does it translate to broad yorkshire, as well? :o:(:(

I can do that for you! Get micky taken out of me all the time for having a broad Yorkshire accent with a hint of Lancashire, Scouse and Glaswegian in me (current location and housemates/boyfriends of the past 6 years!) :D:(xD

How about these euphuisms ............. :oxD

"regularly irregular" for a poor school attender

"a real trier" for a "pain in the ...."

" needs challenging" for a "Pain in the ...."

"Lateral thinker" - too lazy to think straight!!!! and

"consistantly inconsistent" for senior management who haven't got a clue about the Foundation Stage!!!!!!!! :(

Am I being too bitchy? must be end of year stress.

I've also used babelfish to translate. I think it's through Alta Vista. A word of caution though, the translations can be very literal from the english and may not translate accurately into the other language. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)