Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photos In The Setting

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if you could share any letters and forms you might have for the parents to sign for students to be allowed to take photos.

Kindly appreciate the help.

Guest Wolfie

Hi - I can't find any examples of the letters I used to send out but basically I explained who the student was, the qualification that they were studying towards, including details of the training provider in case parents wanted more information, and the reasons why they might need to take photos and where the photos would be put. I then had a permission slip at the bottom, stating the name of the child, whether permission was granted or not, and signature/date.

I always sent out a separate letter for each student so that parents knew who they were and why they were there.

We use a lot of 'photograhic' evidence as part of our observations and have now updated our policies to allow 'shared photo's in the children's personal books - as they were all looking as if they had no friends!!!!!!!!!

Parents have agreed (or not) to this, and they also signed to say they will not reproduce the photo's - when the child leaves and takes the books - if the phots contains other children, this also includes not put images on facebook etc.

xx

I used a general consent in with my reistration form. example in resource library. However, I would explain to parents that the student would also be asking for consent ( a college/course requirement), and I always felt that it was important for the student to verbally ask, then produce a written consent letter as part of his/her learning curve in working with parents. :o

Peggy

Hi I wouldn't allow students to take photos in my setting unless it was of a display or room etc with no children in it! Certainly when I was assessing full time, photos of the children were not allowed to be included as evidence so unless this has changed I see no reason for photos of children to be included

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)