Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our Song

deb this is my hippo (it's actually the nursery teacher I'm the dancing dog) http://www.jibjab.com/view/144593

Now, I just knew you were going to post a link to your song, thanks, lovely lyrics too. :(

As for the dog, BRILLIANT, whilst watching it I imagined that all the forum members got together in one venue and all spontaneously started doing the dog dance. :oxD:(

(It would look a s spectacular as the mass 'group' dance done in a japanese prison of Jacksons Thriller, which can be found on you tube)

Off to practice the moves right now. :(

Peggy

Just got engaged on leap day, i took the plunge after 8 years!! just waiting to set a date so we will have to think of a song.

One that sticks in my mind is the first time i went to his mum and dads house and his dad put a song on which we had never heard before called 'Hey Paula'. My partners name is Paul so his dad thought it would be nice to let us hear the song and we had a bit of a giggle.

It would be quite good actually having that as our song as it is named after both of us and the lyrics are quite fitting. All of paul's friends put it on the pub jukebox when were in to try and embarras him ha ha.

Hey hey Paula, I wanna marry you.

Hey hey Paula, no one else could ever do.

I've waited so long for school to be through,

Paula, I can wait no more for you,

my love, my love.

Hey Paul, I've been waiting for you.

Hey hey Paul, I wanna marry you too.

If you love me true, if you love me still,

our love will always be real,

my love, my love.

Paula xxx

Definately appears to be written just for you and your fella. :o

Peggy

p.s. My daughter proposed to her other half this leap year too. xD

Now, I just knew you were going to post a link to your song, thanks, lovely lyrics too. xD

As for the dog, BRILLIANT, whilst watching it I imagined that all the forum members got together in one venue and all spontaneously started doing the dog dance. xD:(:(

(It would look a s spectacular as the mass 'group' dance done in a japanese prison of Jacksons Thriller, which can be found on you tube)

Off to practice the moves right now. :(

Peggy

Peggy we put the video of the dog and hippo on the IWB and the nursery teacher takes the role of the serious singing hippo then I'm the naughty dancing dog. :o Originally it's purpose was to get the children to think how they would feel if they were "trying hard" and someone "messed about" :rolleyes: but it's now developed into "line dancing" the children love accessing it themselves and line up to dance along :wacko:

Wow what great stories. We are a bunch of romantics aren't we!!!

I'm afraid my two songs are quite boring and self explanitory.

First is Wet Wet Wet and love is all around us, as this hit the charts when Alan and I started going out.

Second is Perfect Day by Various Artists. This was popular in the build up to our wedding and we had chosen it to go on the video, whilst photo's of us growing up were being shown. Then on the morning of the wedding my radio alarm went of just as it started on the radio, a sign of things to come. ( It was the first dry sunny day for about 5 weeks).

Not very original but whenever I hear them lovely memories reappear. :o

Sally

PS. I love the dancing Hippo, I use that clip a lot at school as a distraction with the child I work with.

salsa, they are original to you and your hubby. :o

Love wet wet wet, saw them in concert in December. xD

and yeh, love is all around.

all the posts have made me smile.

Peggy

This has been an interesting read, thanks peggy for starting it. We've had two over the years. Im a big Chris de Burgh fan (Ok confession time, probabaly the only one here in the forum), and his latest album at the time we met (Man on the Line) contained the song 'The Head and the heart' became our song of the time.

In more recent years our anthem has simply been Queen's 'Who wants to live Forver'

Marion!!!!

Two of my favourite bands! I followed Thunder from the toilet days to glory at Donington and I'm seeing them in July. Danny used to really get the old heart going!! (when he had hair!! :o ) and Dan Reed - !!!!! Saw them live several times and I've NEVER seen anyone with so much charisma and presence. Rather gorgeous, too....... Yes, I know I'm a married woman, but I can still look!

Sue

Oh, 'our' song is 'Tumble down the years', Marillion. Not a romantic memory, just a feeling of our life together - thick and thin and faith and trust in each other.

lovely thread Peggy enjoyed reading it

As im on my own my our song is "hello" by lionel ritchie because that was number one when samantha was born and it has always remained dear to my heart.

lovely thread Peggy enjoyed reading it

As im on my own my our song is "hello" by lionel ritchie because that was number one when samantha was born and it has always remained dear to my heart.

ahh, now there's a continuation of this thread, an our song for our children. :o Haven't got one for my children or foster children, in fact I think I'll start a new thread asking What song would you have for your child/ren. xD

Peggy