Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Last Assignment Done!

Ok, probably premature celebrations....but I have just finished the last essay for the foundation degree - I probably have to tweak it a little but the word count is covered so nearly there! :(:(

I have to hand in next Tuesday and then its graduation in July.

3rd year starts in September and hopefully I can have a break this summer, so far I have done NVQ 2, NVQ 3, foundation degree totalling 5 years of study and still another to go, then the EYP or PGCE depending on if I still have a grain of sanity left.....this last essay has been about management and the changing role of the early years practitioner and I can't tell you how disheartened I have been writing about the changes and then finding newspaper articles that are so detrimental to the standards of care, hardly any reports saying how great it all is that we are evolving our profession to bring it in line with other European countries.

Also I found the NUT response to CWDC reference the EYP status - that was interesting.

A report that said NVQ's were'nt worth the paper the certificate was written on - that made me soo angry, my NVQ 2 underpinned the knowledge for 3 and my assessor was inspirational and so thorough, although I have recetnly worked with an assessor coming into the setting for a student who seemed to think ticking boxes and saying 'just copy from the book otherwise you won't finish in time for the funding to cover the course' :(:oxD SO I guess with varying standards and human nature together with the government target driven economy??

Studying has been so insightful and highlighted the many different standards of qualifications and how they are regarded, I think I will probably slog on to gain a teachers qualification - I feel the pressure to be recognised for the studying I have done, just hope I don't loose my marbles doing it, would mean a total of 7 years study. (Could of been a doctor or a vet). Only joking of course, I realise the need to consistently and constantly update our knowledge particlarly in this current climate of change in early years.

Oh sorry I dribbled on, yippee FD - done!! :wacko:

Edited by Guest

I think you have earned the right to dribble Shirel!

Congratulations and very well done on reaching the end. You must be so happy. Im still in my first year so I look forward to being in your shoes.

Any celebrations planned? If so, enjoy them to the full, and enjoy a well-deserved break from your studies........until they start all over again!! xD

Again, WELL DONE!!!!! :o

Well done Shirel. I remember that feeling well, the final word count achieved. If its any consolation I still dribble on and i'm still looking for my marbles lost somewhere between ba and eyps I think :o

Finish the tweaking then celebrate no report can take it away from you.....YOU DID IT!!!!!

Many congratulations Shirel that is an excellent feeling I am in the same position as Freda dribbling over BA & EYPS but every stress and deadline is worth it (that is what I keep telling myself) Many many congratulations open a bottle and relax you deserve it.

Well done, all your hard work and persverance has paid off.

I'd wish that I had done FD in 2 years as I have another year to complete which is total of 3 modules and 5 assignments to do. I am nearly there then it the top up BA (hons) Early Childhood Studies and the world will be oyster!

Shrel go and celabrate your sucess you truly deserve it.

Beth

A very well done ShireL, and what a 'reflective' post.

7 years of study, including the extra hours of practical application and experience, this should, I believe warrent as much professional respect as a Doctor or Vet or other such professional, all of which are held in high esteem within our culture, and so should the Early Years Professional get the same respect and status.

Good for you, a reflective advocate for our PROFESSION. :oxD (and a proud of you smiley)

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)