Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Software

Hi

I am looking for a nursery management softwarebthat does accounts milk rota etc but will allow the individual input of weekly hours days etc. I tried one from the PLA but did not get on with that one can anyone suggest any good software that you use.

Guest Wolfie

I can't recommend one personally but know that there are always adverts for various software systems in Nursery World and other early years publications every week.

I've just started trying out the Preschooler - they have a website - they offer a trial version which you buy and then once you reach 50 employees you convert it to the full version. Its fully working though - but the 50 children are not 50 at a time but 50 in total, if you know what I mean. So I have 26 children on roll, and although I will delete children from the system when they leave, I will only be able to add another 24 until I'll need to upgrade. However you get your original purchase price refunded against the purchase of the upgrade software, so if you decide to carry on using it you won't lose any money.

It does pretty much everything that I can think of. From memory i think the 'trial' version cost less than £50, but they set it all up for you including adding your logo etc so when it arrives its pretty much set to go.

Might be worth a look to see if it does everything you want it to!

Maz

with the pla one I found it quite restrictive you can bill by hour rate or session only we are a full daycare and charge different rates and are quite flexible charging by the quarter hour as well, also found the reports we needed such as debtors analysis where not what we required, because we have a few nurseries we also found that the programme took a fair bit of setting up and if you are not really good with computers could prove quite difficult. I think this programme would be good in the right setting but just was not suitable for a nursery chain

Hi Belle

Thank you for the reply. That is very restrictive if you can only bill by the hour or session. We charge half or quarter hours so it would not work for us. Thank you for the information.

I like the look of the preschooler software.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)