Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wigwam!

I bought a wigwam from elc, i havent taken it to work yet but wanted to check that it was all ok so have put it up in the lounge!

I think its fantastic, it seems very durable and is a lot bigger than i expected. It was quite expensive, but i reckon its definately worth it, im sure the children will love it!

Thought i would share!

:o

lucie x

Thought i would share!

So share a bit more, Lucie! Where did you get it, how much did it cost, how many children will be able to use it at once...

I'm sure our boys especially would love a wigwam... but I am thinking of having 'girls only' days with certain areas of the nursery so they don't get pushed out entirely :o

Maz

if it's the one I've seen, it's about £70-£75 and i reckon maybe 4 children could fit in it? It does look really good, but I'm going to wait until it goes on offer, which they often do at ELC.............the number of times i have bought something at full price, only to find it on special offer the week or so later, defies belief! It does look great though and is definately on my wish list and will go with all my playmobile wigwams, native Americans etc

In the B&Q publication Inspired Living pg 25 (free in the Sunday Mail) There's a wigwam playhouse which looks great-rather expensive but hey ho....

looks better in the booklet as its painted

unpainted wigwam

WOW, I just bought a pop up pirate tent on ebay after reading this thread!!!! I am sure the boys will ove and I hope the girls will too! I noticed that a lot of these tents are for over 3's, I need to set up quiet areas for under 2's and was hoping to use one of these tents, any advise or other suggestions for quiet areas?

WOW, I just bought a pop up pirate tent on ebay after reading this thread!!!! I am sure the boys will ove and I hope the girls will too! I noticed that a lot of these tents are for over 3's, I need to set up quiet areas for under 2's and was hoping to use one of these tents, any advise or other suggestions for quiet areas?

We're making a bean den with runner beans growing up a wigwam of canes with a space for an entrance so that when it is covered in plants, children will be able to sit inside as a quiet space. You could do this with sweet peas, too, or with ivy as a year-round, more permanent one - or living willow.

Yeah its from early learning and is £75. it was £69.something with the discount. i reckon that 4 children could fit in it. i know it wil be loved at work!

I can kneel up in it and have room to mve around, so its quite spacious.

its well made and the base poles are all covered with the fabric.

lucie x

Yeah its from early learning and is £75. it was £69.something with the discount. i reckon that 4 children could fit in it. i know it wil be loved at work!

I can kneel up in it and have room to mve around, so its quite spacious.

its well made and the base poles are all covered with the fabric.

lucie x

Hmmm .....

Just read the bit about "kneeling up in it.."

Who did you say you bought it for .... :o

Becareful xD

Grandma went in the Little Tykes cottage for 'tea' when my daughter was about 3 and got stuck trying to back out (great photo's :o ) Ended up with burly neighbours lifting the whole house up.

Have you done a risk assessment????

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)