Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

6 Month Appraisal

Hi

I had my 6 month appraisal yesterday, just what I needed at the end of the week when we had been visited by Ofsted! Anyway, it went well- supervisor had loads of positive things to say and I have now been given my own group of 6 key children and I have been designated child protection officer. I am so pleased and excited. Gosh that makes me sound a bit sad doesn't it? :o

Actually beginning to feel like a professional now! Took the kids out today to celebrate - wine is chilling as we speak to go with the takeaway my partner is buying tonight (although he doesn't know it yet)

Sally

Fantastic news, you definitely deserve to celebrate - Ofsted and your 6 monthly appraisal in 1 week?! :o

Be prepared tho, the post ofsted flump could arrive next week - no more adrenalin and exhaustion slips in (I recommend wine and chocolates!!) xD:( . Let us know how you are! and well done again.

Congratulations, well deserved I'm sure. I know from reading your posts that you are a true professional, but I know what you mean, you feel like you've arrived when it is recognised.

Enjoy!

Well done, Sally!

I'm actually so impressed that you are thrilled with your extra responsibilities - your manager certainly knows how to motivate you! I need some lessons! It would go down like a lead balloon if I offered more responsibility to some members of our team - "oh, no, not more paperwork!"

You are obviously an enthusiastic, eager, willing and very highly valued member of your team. What a fantastic job to be in if everyone felt like you.

Hi Di.S

I must be a bit strange because I actually like paperwork! I worked for myself for 15 years (not in childcare) so I'm used to being in charge and having my finger in all the pies at work. I suppose I've never really lost that sense of responsibility and motivation for ongoing development. It probably helps that I really enjoy my job and at last I feel that I'm part of the team.

Sally

hi

Can i ask how often you have an apraisal and who attends. If you wanted to develop, have thwey ever helped you.

Or is this a paper exersise so the managment look good.

Flosse

Well dne Sally, enjoy your new role and valued status within your team. :o

As others have said, it's great to have positive feedback and your example shows what the appraisal system is for. PRAISE. xD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)