Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Linking Policies To Every Child Matters Outcomes

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

I'm sure that someone has posted a chart, listing which policies are linked to which ECM outcomes - I've tried a search but nothing's come up......... :o

Hi Wolfie - wondered whether you or anyone else are going to put your policies under the new outcomes in EYFS.

I was advised last year that our current policies should be listed under the standards - we had based our policies from the PLA and amended and adjusted.

Dot :o

Guest Wolfie

Hi Dot - we always had pour policies and procedures under the standards too but we're now using the five ECM outcomes instead.

I just wondered if anyone had seen any kind of organisational chart. I had a good look at the Statutory Framework for the EYFS and wondered about filing them according to those headings but I don't think they're as clear cut as the national standards were and decided to stick to ECM! Hope that makes sense!

Hi - yes you make sense - I thought it would be appropriate to be under the 5 ECM - but an early years advisor didn't seem to think we should ? - Sure I will make sense of it all soon - well I hope so :o Dot

Our advisor advised us to keep the policies under the 5 ECM outcomes and incorporate the 4 principles of the EYFS into the sections. Let's face it we all will get conflicting advice, same old....sorry feeling cynical as we always seem to get mixed messages never the same information !!

so sorry to be so blunt (may prove unpopuler - but as as Maz says im becoming much more assertive!!! lol :o no ones got a copy of how they implement policies with ECM !!!!! xD

oooo hark at you Hali...yeh that has made me feel assertive too....I guess we will adopt our own interpretation of what is needed and make it personal to our setting and then.............worry about whether the Ofsted inspector we get thinks it is great or not so great, of course that depends on the inspector because they too will have differing opionions, having worked in several settings some things are deemed great by O in one setting and not acceptable in another!!

I think you have to believe in what you are doing and why you are doing it and let that passion that we all have show when we are questioned.

What a way to start the weekend, all assertive and everything, now I will go and wake my children and SHOW them where the breakfast stuff is whilst I go for a walk with the dogs!!

im becoming much more assertive!!! lol

I think that comes with age and experience ie getting older (sorry ladies :( ) I think you begin to question more as you get older.I'm certainly less likely to say 'yes' than when I was younger.My headteacher's face when I told him 'No' to a request was a picture xD It's must be healthy for early years education for practioners to challenge and consider the implications of new policies etc so I'm all for it even if it sometimes makes me unpopular with the powers that be :o

'Am I bovered'-NO and my favourite phrase is 'I'm sorry thats not high on my list of priorities today'

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)