Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Study

beth1

I am trying to complete my child study for college, I have managed to do most of the PILES exept for physical development. I still have to write up my recommentations and type it up yet, good job I have got an extention but I am nearly there.

I am stuck for theory to back up what I am trying to say. I am right in thinking that phsyical development theory is the milestones on how children grow? :o Eather that or I am going loopy and looking in the wrong place. xD

I hope that you can help me.

Beth

Isn't physical development about gross and fine motor skills things like kicking a ball, balancing and hand-eye co-ordination? I'm sure that's what I did for my course work.

Sally

may be on the wrong lines completely - but I backed mine up with the importance of outdoor play, and how it can influence both fine and gross motor skills, and went in that direction with theory

but I know what you mean ----------clutcing on straws for the physical theorists!!!!!!!!!!

(it did help that I had a boy that needed outdoors as my target child!)

xxx

How about Gallahue's fundamental and elementary movement phases etc?

Who is this? Never heard of them, shows we didn't learn alot at college this year! :o I will go and look on google for this, thanks Deb.

Beth

Ah found him, didn't knew he did the hour glass model. found a picutre so I think I will write something from that.

Edited by beth1

Who is this? Never heard of them, shows we didn't learn alot at college this year! :o I will go and look on google for this, thanks Deb.

Beth

Ah found him, didn't knew he did the hour glass model. found a picutre so I think I will write something from that.

Beth it's so easy to sound knowledgable about something, but that was about the sum total of my knowledge and I had to go back to look that up. I guess it's a start knowing where to look! xD Hope it will have been some use.

Beth - you got my curiosity going. Did you find this book in your search. On a cursory glance seems rather detailed but on page 54 there is a table you might find useful.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=zKN7RVn...;hl=en#PPA54,M1

Gallahue talks about the reflexive movement phase from up to age one year, the rudimentary movement phase from birth to two years, the fundamental movement phase which is divided up into:

Initial stage - 2 to 3 years

Elementary - 4-5 years

Mature - 6-7 years

Specialized - 7 -14 years

I have finally finished this child study. I was having trouble with the computer late last week, good job the deadline is tommorow!

Now what can I do for the next 4 months, apart from running pre-school. I have a funny feeling that I will have lots of time on my hands and nothing to do!

Beth

Well done Beth, I have one presentation next week and an essay two weeks later then that's it foundation degree finished...can't believe it has gone so quickly. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)