Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Presentation Title

I have got an interview and need to do 10 minute presentation.

Could I ask people what their immediate thoughts are I should include. I was quite pleased with the title!!

"How would you support and challenge practitioners in implementing the Foundation Stage"

Also would you do a powerpoint.I have been informed you can or either flipchart or overhead or nothing if you prefer. I am thinking of doing a powerpoint and if it was you would you include photographs?

Thanks everyone for any advice or ideas you may give me.

if you are good with power point i would go with that and pictures are always a really good way to make a point and can make the presenation more stimulating. The title is an excellent title which I am sure you can have fun with. have you looked at the dvd on implmenting the EYFS that may give you some good ideas for content

Not done powerpoint before but know someone who can help. Yes going to have really good look at the dvd again.

Not done powerpoint before but know someone who can help.

My advice would be to do something you feel comfortable managing. If you're not confident with the technology and it goes pear shaped its a recipe for stress-filled-disaster!

On the other hand, using a flipchart calls for skills of its own - and if your handwriting leaves a lot to be desired... :o

Love the title. For the bit about supporting bit, I'd go into a few of the challenges the EYFS poses practitioners, and offer some practical methods of supporting them as they get to grips with the new approaches. For the second bit, I'd talk about how I intend to get practitioners to look at these problems as challenges.

I'd need more than a few minutes to think about how exactly I'd do this though!

Good luck, Gwen. What's the job for?

Maz

Hi I did a 10 minute presentation the other day and I used powerpoint. It is good for inserting visuals and you can use it as a prompt - You need to remember not to talk too much as the 10 minutes goes very quick. Mine worked out to the exact 10 mins and I got the job!

Good Luck!

Guest Wolfie

I don't know whether this site might give you some ideas? Even without buying the packages themselves, it might give you some ideas about breaking the EYFS down into manageable chunks? The sample pages of the courses might also give you some ideas.

Just a thought...... :o

http://training-packages.com/

Hi Gwen have you received it now. apparently bounced back to Steve and he says he has forwarded it to you.

Thanks.

Sian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for input. I have had no internet for nearly 2 weeks so just catching up. Also just to let everyone know got the job of early years consultant I applied for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)