Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Cd Rom

Hi

Hoping someone can help me - i am trying to get into the EYFS CD Rom to download info, but everytime I try my internet browser throws me out, telling me I have a problem and needs to close. I'm not sure if this could be my firewall settings??

Bit of a novice with computers at times - can anyone help?

Thanks

Anne

Hi Anne, if your CD wont work you can view the whole thing online EYFS

Thanks - will give it a try - but had same problem as in it threw me out!!!

Someone has suggested that I change the settings on my computer, so will give that a try and keep my fingers crossed!

Hi there

I too have the same problem with the disc with both my laptop at home and at work. I find it best just to look at the online version, not downloading just looking.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that but I do think it (the EYFS disc) doesn't seem to like some computers.

Hi there

I too have the same problem with the disc with both my laptop at home and at work. I find it best just to look at the online version, not downloading just looking.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that but I do think it (the EYFS disc) doesn't seem to like some computers.

Thanks Shelley - glad its not just me!! Will try on the website and not downlaod as have same result. Will see if I can find some help and keep you posted if I get anywhere.

Hi there

Had an epiphany today and now I feel like such an idiot! Instead of trying to download directly I right clicked and did "save target as". Totally worked.

Finally am getting some useful info!

Also if anyone interested, did an update course on the EYFS as there has been no further training beyond a brief introduction and was categorically told that building blocks will be obsolete from September. Best news I have had all year - hated them with a passion as they were so rigid!

Thanks to everyone who tried to help - its so nice not to feel alone

A

xx

Hi there

Hi

I cannot get on with the disc at all as I go into planning and apart from the face of the card it shows me nothing. I was beginning to think i was mad so I'm glad others are the same as me. Lyndy

when I went on my two day training we were given homework which was to print off some info from the disc, my computer threw out complete babble when I tried printing off the text and I was told I had a dodgy disc. I have been waiting for a replacement since Nov as they are only sending out 1 pack to each setting!!!!!

I can see that I am going to be left behind when Sept comes and I am beginning to panic a bit. all I can say is I don't know what I would do if I didn't have all the help from everyone on this forum.

THANK YOU

Jessica

Abandoned disc and on advice of our Early Years Advisory Teacher went in through Teachernet website. Also has access to the standards site publications which has some useful downloadable information on it.

Trying to get to grips with learning journeys now - real fun when you have 74 children on your register! Main problem being where are we going to keep them as have to pack away in a church hall and don't have any spare cupboard space!

Keep going - you are not alone

A