Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Salaries Of Eyp

Went to a meeting yesterday with EYDCP regarding the Graduate Leader Fund. Looking as if EYP is entitled to a £5000 pay increase. Whilst I totally back the move to an increase in wages how do others feel about the possibility of having the EYP on the largest salary even the manager? I can see this is going to be a major headache and managers turning away from their role and moving back to working with the children if pay is going to the EYP only. It is like as school having the teaachers on more than the Head and there is a massive shortage of people moving into a leadership and management role

Ditto, Hali but I would like £5,000 more!!!!

It would be nice if all pre-school staff could start getting a wage which represented the work they put in.

It would be £10000 if attained EYP status!!!!!!

But what about everybody else in the settings, why cant it be distributed to all staff as they are all working hard

Hey, I'd just like £5000 per annum, lol. We have worked so hard and lived within our means for so long in pre-schools and yet we still get outstanding inspections! This really is going to stick in my throat as I have 1 staff and 1 volunteer going for EYPS which is fab and I fully support them but where is this money supposed to come from?

:oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

(loved the avatar so much Marion I couldn't keep the angry face up for longer than that...........)

Edited by Guest

Now i am really confused, i thought that if you were already employed and then did EYP there would be no need for the setting to increase your salary. don't get me wrong i would love a pay rise (wouldn't we all, LOL) but my setting can't afford it.

Dawn

would love a pay rise (wouldn't we all, LOL) but my setting can't afford it.

Dawn

I was under the impression that the Graduate Leader Fund is to be used to augment EYPs' salaries. So groups won't have to fund it all themselves.

Our Borough is also going to work with groups to plan their group's future sustainability so that when/if the Graduate Leader Fund stops, groups will be able to sustain the new pay levels. I think its very much a case of 'watch this space'!

Maz

well you run the setting dawn dont you? however i supose legally they dont have to employ an eyp yet!!!! :o

My colleague is joint 3rd leader it wouldnt be fair for her to have a rise above the dep and me as she wasnt employed as an EYP.though she does help with planning and gets paid accordingly. She decided to do it for herself and so we could access the transformation fund to enable me to do my FD and EYP aswell as other staff training.