Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What An Afternoon !

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

We have had a very busy afternoon today. The educational psychologist was in to see one of our boys who is autistic so everyone was aware of a stranger in the room. After snack we decided to go outside. One little girl burst into tears and said that she didn't want to go outside because she was frightened. When I had calmed her down, I managed to get it out of her .......... she was scared of her hands getting cold !!!!! I did eventually get her outside and then my deputy came to get me because one of the boys had decided to put someone else's slippers down the toilet :o He had put one in each toilet and was running between the two flushing the loos.

It was a nice end to the session though because the Ed Psych praised us and said that we were doing a grand job with Daniel.

It's certainly never boring in our playgroup!

Mary

one of the boys had decided to put someone else's slippers down the toilet :o He had put one in each toilet and was running between the two flushing the loos.

Mary

Sounds like my pre school, one little girl put the dolls house people down the loo to see if they would float!

:(:( :wacko: xD

I'm sorry but as I read your description of the loo flushing it did make me laugh out loud, especially running between the 2 loos to see the 'flushing' progress. :rolleyes:

As Beau says, interests to be followed.....have you planned to show the workings of a loo's flushing system, I can imagine the young lad would be totally enthralled to look inside the sistern at each flush. :oxD

Strange what fears children have too, isn't it. I do remember a child who really cried after playing in snow, his hands appeared to really hurt with the cold, yet his peers were unaffected.

Once I asked the children in my group to " we are going outside so lets get in a line", a little girl burst out crying, it took a while to fathom out what was wrong, ended up she was really frightened because she thought I'd said "we're going to get a LION" :unsure:

I echo the comments that praise is also nice to recieve, so well done on your good work with Daniel. :(

Peggy

Washing up liquid down the toilet now that could be a fun focus session!!

I remember one of my little boys getting scared a few years ago after I asked him to shut the door to keep the draught out thought I had said keep the giraffe out and ran up to his room to hide under the duvet!!!

Just thought of a way to make a fortune, am off to invent the portable ACME 'Early Years Flushing System' or EYFS for short :o . Could sell millions of them, it seems! One of ours wondered what would happen to his newly made coaster for snack time if he flushed it down the toilet - seems reasonable to me!

Guest MaryEMac

Our little boy who likes to flush toilets was warned today by his mum that the only time he was to go into the toilet was to have a wee xD

Also the little girl who is frightened to go outside in case her hands get cold ....... her mum is going to send her with gloves tomorrow, then she has no excuse. We are wondering if we might get the real reason then.

Beau, we have no plans to exrend the flushing activity :o

Mary