Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keyworker Planning

If im understanding right... target children (we have 6 a week) are bserved for and planned the next week...

Do your keyworkers do their own planning for their children?

Does anyone have an example of the planning sheet used to plan for individual children plz?

thanks x

Ours don't although I know some in another setting that do..so hopefully someone can give you that perspective on things, we collate key person information on a running sheet throughout the week, informal discussions and at a planning meeting to gather information about children to inform the next week's planning. I find our info sheet really informative, we can all add bits as the week goes on.

sometimes, when I read this posts i panic and think perhaps we don't to enough - but the reading hali's and shirel's I feel better..........

our planning is very much 'on going' - all staff are involved on an daily basis - we add, takeaway and change daily... I encourage staff to cross out/change the original planning sheet (for evidence!!!) so no no smart tidy paperwork!

I'm very much against paperwork for the sake of paperwork, observations are done in the same way - sometimes we have to ask ourselves why are we doing these observations anyway? - certainly not for the parents!!!!!!! we do a 'scrapbook' (for want of a better word) which the parents LOVE... just photo's comments + pieces of 'work'

We keep a 'development matters' sheet for each child and we link this back to the book - 99% of our parents are not in the slightest interested in this -- they just want the scrapbooks

However that said - if we have a child which appears not to be follwing the 'norms' for development -we do more 'focused' observation etc.

xxx

Yeah our parents our the same louby lou, we do a termly learning review whereby the key workers have a chat and show on a lovely caterpillar where we see their children, this allows them to add any of their comments - but they really love the scrap books they all have when they leave which are jam packed with photographs, pictures and information that they can have as a keepsake.

we also do planning together (not by key person) once a week building on the obs we have done that week and an overall 'planning for next week ideas' sheet which is up on the board for anyone to add to.

we also have scrapbooks with photos and yes, our parents love those and rarely read the detailed assessment information!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)