Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Horrible Horrible Week

Im having such a bad week at work, today the one person who offers me support, guidance and is trully my rock is leaving to go and work full time at our other nursery. The other nursery is new and needs her help more than we do which i understand i just dont know how i will cope without her. I have seen this coming for ages now but its still upsetting.

Also in the morning i have to have a difficult conversation with a staff member which unfortunatly result im the person leaving. I know this is this right thing to do but i feel so very bad about it. This job is horrible sometimes. :oxD:(:(:( :wacko:

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time.........................and yes, the job IS horrible sometimes!! But, it does get better.You know that both of the situations you are dealing with are happening for all the right reasons, so hold on to that, and try to look forward to new opportunities to work with new colleagues, who will bring fresh things to your setting.Good luck with the staff member tomorrow, just be professional, try not to get tupset and it will be fine.Then, go home, have a nice bubbly bath, a glass of your favourite wine, and relax.It does get better.

Sorry it's been such a rough week for you. Hope tomorrow's conversation goes better than you hope.

It must be hard to loose the day to day support of your friend too but hopefully someone else will step up to the job and support you.

Chin up! You'll get through this.

Hi Jojom,

Feeling for you!

Had a similar month! with a member of staff seeking better pay and better prospects but thankfully our committee were able to match the offer.

But you will cope cos you have all of us!

Hope things are ok today

Rachel

virtual hugs from me too jojom. I often thought if only we just had the children to work with and the adults looked after themselves, I'd have got a lot less grey hairs. xD

Try and think of the 'positive big picture' of your work, compared to the 'single negative events' you have to deal with, and draw strength from knowing you are doing a good job and that the sunshine and rainbows will soon shine and offer the pot of gold that is the fun of working in eary years. :o

hugs virtually sent...

Peggy

Staff are so important to us in ours jobs arn't they. I recently had a VERY valued member of my team hand in their notice, for reasons personal to them. I have to admit that it brought me to tears several times, and I could not see how the nursery would function at a high standard without them.

1 1/2 weeks after their departure, I am over the moon with the way their old room is running - infact I may even go as far as to say that it is better.

I, like you, was in a right state, but things often have a way of proving us wrong - so I'm sending you lots of positive wishes and keeping my fingers crossed for you. :o

Hi today was not very nice, i felt sick this morning at the very thought of the discussion and i put it off for as long as i could, but basically to cut a long story short the staff member is leaving. It wasnt to do with money but more to do with the performance of this person or dare i say without being awful the lack of it.

I had a good chat with other lady too and after listening to the difficulties she is facing presently trying to work at both nurseries i fully understand why she has to move. Spoke to my boss aswell who said she wants to come and spend some time at our nursery so that communication and support between us is better. She said i do such a good job of managing the nursery (dont think this is entirely true) and that i really dont need anyone else but the other nursery isnt at that point yet and needs lots of day to day support. So hopefully this will be a positive step in the right dirsction for both of our nurseries, and it will help mine and my bosses relationship which can only be a good thing for all concerned cant it?.

Its always better to get things out in the open and be able to talk about the issues. So often I fret about things and the beast in my head gets bigger than the reality. Well done for starting the conversations. Uncomfortable as they may be in the short term it really is for the best and you can then concentrate on the right way forward.