Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Centre Teacher Interview

I am new to this so hope it works.....

I have spent most of the hols preparing for a CCT interview I have later on this week, where i have to do a short presentation on as a qualified teacher what impact i could have on the core delivery at a surestart children's centre?

I have put together a short powerpoint with what I think are the main points...but what be very grateful for any other ideas I may have missed (last minute nerves!!).

Hi there,

I m in the same boat!! I have only just been notified about mine so have just 3 days to prepare. My presentation title is similar :

"How would you exemplify best practice in Early Years Foundation Stage education and how would you develop the expertise of colleagues within the Childrens Centre and the wider community"

I'm going to talk about MY EYPS course and the tasks, also parent workshops and working as a muti-agency team approach. I'm getting more nervous about the presentation itself. I d like to have more time to prepare it. I really not good at presentations especially in this type of scenario. I prefer to do a double act with a colleague so I feel I have someone holding my hand!

Did you just use bullet points? How many slides have you prepared?

Good luck!

Blue bell x

I tend to bullet point in presentations that I have done, but be prepared to expand as the panel pick up on what you have said and my want to ask questions about it.

You'll never be really prepared no matter how much time you have. My last interview was an unseen presentation and to be honest although really scary, it was much less stressful. If I were recruiting for a job, Id go that way I think.

Good luck both of you with your presentations, it is quite scary if you've never done one before, but practice in front of the cat a few times (or a willing friend.)

I have been for a couple of interviews for Childrens Centre Posts (which I didn't get unfortunately) and both times I went in full of research and ideas for the post and the main feedback I got was that I needed to talk more about what I was doing now e.g. how we use observations, assessments to inform planning, that the environment was set up so that all the children would learn. In a nutshell they wanted to know that my teaching was excellent and that I was good at my current job rather than knowing how I would be in the Children's Centre post.

I know every interview is different (just as every post is) but I got similar feedback for both of my interviews

Sue

Just wanted to say ....I GOT THE JOB!!! Hooray!

I'm really excited and can't wait to start. I'm going to be working for a fantastic team the interview panel were lovely and really put me at ease. Will definately be posting on here to ask lots more questions in the near future.

Helen

Thanks for all of the messages. I will be starting in September- can't wait!!! Although I expect I will be visiting the Centre in the near future.

The interviews took place in a separate Children's Centre over 2 days and they were recruiting for about 8 posts (4 of which were full time) I had to choose which local areas I would be happy to work in.

Feeling really enthusiastic and excited. The panel were very honest about the challenges of the role and how the job description is a bit difficult to explain- they told me that I would need to be very flexible. But to be honest I had a good idea about the role from reading the many posts on this board and I love the idea of having such a variety in my work.

Guest Wolfie

Yep, the ability to be flexible will be your greatest asset! I'm two and a half years into the job and still feeling my way around the role1 But it's a great job, you'll really enjoy it and learn so much from the others in the Children's Centre team. Good luck! :o

congrats from me too, i have an interview on 8th trying to prepre now but school im currently at are adding to the work so finding time is impossible (i think they are doing it on purpose cos they know i have a interview.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)