Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need Information About Nvq4

HappyMaz

Hi there - I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm trying to find some information about what the unit titles of the NVQ 4 CCLD are. I tried to download the handbook from the CACHE website but its the only one not available to download - typical.

Would anyone be able to give me the titles - at least that would help me get a good idea of what is covered so that I can give some very basic information to my deputies?

Thank you!

Maz

Oh and if anyone has done it and is prepared to say what they feel they got out of it I would be grateful.. :o

http://www.himats.org.uk/UserFiles/File/CC...0L4%20units.pdf

Hi there Im doing this at the moment - its def making me reflect on my practice!!

Ive not done any major studying for a while and it has taken a while to get back into the swing of it - but I can say I THINK Im enjoying it :o

Brilliant, bluestar - thanks so much!

Can anyone tell me: does Unit 401 include managing and resolving conflict within the team?

I shall print this off for my ladies - that's why I love this forum! xD

Maz

Yes 401 is all about working with other professionals I had to write about how I overcame a conflict in my setting.

I also had to do a 1 to 1 with a member of staff and was observed.

Im now doing 402 which is all about policies and procedures and legislation - but thats as far as Ive got!

I am currently doing this and find, as bluestar says, it definately makes you reflect on your practice.

It is harder than i expected, much more in depth. However, it has reminded me of the theory i learnt years ago and i am really enjoying it.

I am doing it through a training company and my assessor is great, BUT i think that doing it through a college would be more beneficial just to have the support of the others in the same boat.

I must add as well it is very time consuming, i dedicate 1 - 2 hours each evening, all day sunday and i now have one day off a week to, simply to get through the coursework!

Wow Lucy thats a lot of hours you're putting in. I tend to dip in and out but usually do a bit each evening (once my children are in bed)

My assessor is good and gives me a reasonable amount to do after each session - my problem is once researching topics I seem to get a bit distracted on the net and end up surfing!! especially on this brill site!!

Im setting up my own pre school starting in Sept and find that a lots of what Im having to get in place can be linked into the course work which is a blessing. Ive suddenly started going to bed so late my husband cant believe it I used to be curled up in bed bt 10pm with a good book now im tucked up with the EYFS manual!! :oxD

I agree that it would be good to be doing it along side other people to bounce ides off each other that is why this is such a good site :(

I may be putting in so many hours as i ended up surfing quite alot too, what with this site and Facebook some nights i hardly get anything done!!! I took the biggest brain quiz on facebook at 7.45 tonight and have been repeatedly trying to improve my score since then!

I agree, it really helps with improving practice at work, i've been churning out questionnaires left, right and centre at work, much to the annoyance of staff, parents and visitors!!

Hopefully we can give each other support if needed :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)