Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Problem Solving

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for setting up little problem solving ideas within the classroom or outdoors? We did one where the children had to get some ducks to a paddling pool. We provided (half) drain pipes, buckets and water and the children had to work out that if they filled the pipes with the water the ducks could be pushed along. They were not allowed to carry the ducks or the buckets to get them across. It worked really well with a little bit of adult help! We want to make it a weekly part of our planning but I am struggling to come up with different ideas. Thanks for reading this, any ideas will be great and we will try them.

Edited by carnarvon

um tough one, could only think of activities using magnets and moving things that are metal.

What about a blank large piece of paper, with a start point and finish point and a car and asking the children to fill in the bit in the middle ie a road system.

easy map reading to find treasure?????

sorry not very good are they!

um tough one, could only think of activities using magnets and moving things that are metal.

What about a blank large piece of paper, with a start point and finish point and a car and asking the children to fill in the bit in the middle ie a road system.

easy map reading to find treasure?????

sorry not very good are they!

That sounds good, if i provide different materials they can do the road and also see which material the car travels along the best

Thanks for that, x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)