Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'safer Food Better Business'

Hi. I have recently had a visit from someone on behalf of Environmental Health to help us put safe procedures in place in line with the Env. Health publication 'Safer Food, Better Business'. We do have safe systems already (!) but I've taken the view that I would rather be squeaky clean and ready just in case Env. Health come and inspect us (which they have never done in the 14 years I've worked in this nursery!!!).

Anyway, one thing we need apparently is a Cleaning Policy. I'm reasonably comfortable with tweaking what we've got but would like to look at someone else's just in case I've forgotten something vital. Anyone like to share?

Well the little chappie spent THREE HOURS :o talking me through the entire pack.............

I've bought new fridge and freezer thermometers, have to do opening and closing checks and record the temperatures each time and everything is done on a 4 week cycle with extra checks such as deep cleaning, temperature probes, checking dustbins for vermin etc!!! I accept its good practice but maybe its a step too far when all we provide are snacks and occasional cookery activities?!

our cleaning policy is just a policy that basically says the need for cleaning surfaces after use, the use of correct utensils chopping boards and how they should be cleaned effectively. We also have a set procedure for cleaning for example skirting boards cleaned every other wednesday cupboards every tuesday oven once a fortnight and stock rotation etc. Hope this helps

Hi there, my setting's policy is like belles but we call ours a food management which covers everything in it. We say how we store the food and mention about cleaning surfaces and microwaves etc. We are using the 'safer food better business' pack. It was mad at first as there is abit detail but we are used to it now.

What kind of snacks are you providing? Do you heat any foods up etc?

Mich

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)