Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Challenging situation with parent!

Janet,

Have a lovely holiday. :) Hope you come back refreshed and feel more able to tackle this difficult situation. Just stick to your guns - you don't need anyone to tell you how to do your job, you're already doing it!! :o

• 1 month later...

What goe around comes around!!!!!!

Having been challenged on my first day back at phonics and whether that is the right way to go....How do we do the ABC, having explained the benefits of what we do, having researched where his daughter will go NEXT year, and combining the knowledge we have, he still chose to argue that A B C is the way EVERYONE is tought. Having previously worked in the school his daughter will attend I have a great deal of knowledge of what will be taught and how, but he will NOT accept it, We are beginning to think it's a woman thing - you know, he works in the middle of the sea with men (he is a chef, we can't even do that right!!!!!!) and he thinks he knows a lot about most things!!!!)

Anyway his child has ended up having an "accident" whilst out with DAD

It has managed to burn itself in a cafe, on the cooking equipment, but because the warning signs were place so high, the "not quite 3" year old could not see to read them!!!!!!!!!!

He is thinking of suing the cafe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, after a really severe burns accident in July last year I know what the child is going through, but when will the father accept that his child is still a "baby"

Let's not forget a 3 year old is only 156 weeks old!!!!!!!!

Can they read???????

Rant over.

Janet

I don't think so - Although :D:D:D He can calculate the weight of a marrow within a few 100g.

He did bring a tape measure , to make proper calculations, he is a chef - after all "If he can't calculate the weight of a marrow, who can?"

:oxD:(:(

Janet

my latest after the little french boy who was abandoned on his 1st day was another child who did one session (settled,playing , quite happy) mum has rung up saying daughter is destrought dosnt want to come back to nursery we were too strict with her and she wants her money back as her child hasnt settled.............. uuuuuuuggggggggggg pulling hair out tonight...what a week :oxD:(

We have had to deal with children that do not settle in the 2/3 dept - we have had to accomodate them too early!!!!!

It wa that or lose them.

I still speak in the we sense, although, having been pulled from the PS dept, I am struggling to form a new ID.

Having had parents complain, seeing children cry over the gate, but hear happy times from"our" dept, many parents have asked for a transfer, before their child is ready!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe my going down a year will ultimatley provide a unified service !!!

Janet