Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We're Going On A Bear Hunt

Hi! I am going to be reading We're Going on a Bear Hunt this week and I would like to make the role play area into a cave. I have never done this sort of role play before, usually having something more specific e.g. weather centre, castle etc..Does anyone have any good tips as to how to create a 'cave' and also i am now wondering what we can actually do in there. I intend to involve the children in the planning of this as well but it would be good if I had some ideas up my sleeve too! Hope someone out there will be able to help - thanks!

We've got a tent which pops up quite easily - the sort you get at camping shops - and we throw a camoflage net over to make it look more cave-like.

Sally

we have six boards that clip togehter for any role play we clipped 3 together and used our display board to staple black netting from the garder centre to them and then draped it over the 3 boards. We got the children to make black crepe danglers and weaved them in the netting and added spiders dangling from threads. we blacked the display boards and put a giant bear in the corner. we also put fur tabards for the children.

we used our home corner - covered in black sheets and then used the firmen helmets and stuck torches on them xD - made some rocks out of cardboard and scrunched up paper and hid treasure in them :o

We also had binoculars to look for the bear and mobile phones to call each other when they found it - the children thought of that one!!

Sally

Hi spotty

Firstly I have deleted your double posting!

We are doing this over the next few weeks. We have a frame which we are going to use, one of those that slot together and you can interchange the covers. We will cover it with material to make it as dark as possible inside and then use dark material over the top. Like you I will be asking the children for ideas.

Linda

Knew I had written this before bear cave A forum search can bring dividends..

One of my favourite ones this,

we use some black material over our home corner frame , got mine cheap from local shop.

Inge

Edited by Inge

Thanks for that Inge. I searched the forum a few weeks back but used bearhunt and that one didn't come up.

Linda

Large sheets of thin card/boxes which the children could paint, poles set in concrete buckets as your frame, then just scrunch up the card and staple and stick together as needed! Looks fab, is quite dark inside and quite realistic looking :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)