Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Risk Assessment Form

Guest Wolfie

I've been wondering about this, but in a slightly wider context - I have to do a risk assessment of the setting to take account of a new child's complex medical needs. Is there a recommended format that this should take - or do I just have to use my initiative??

Maz

Guest Wolfie

Ooooh, go on...use your initiative - and don't forget to keep it as evidence for one of your EYPS tasks!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I would think that you could make one up quite easily - identify the child's needs, any possible hazards/risks that might occur within the setting as a result of these needs and how you are going to manage/minimise those risks.

That's made me feel incredibly lazy....here's me asking someone to donate a form for my use and at the same time telling you to make your own up! :oxD

That's made me feel incredibly lazy....here's me asking someone to donate a form for my use and at the same time telling you to make your own up! :oxD

See, Wolfie: once you start leading practice you just can't stop.... :( Have just noticed Helen has posted hers on here so I'll start from there and see where it takes me!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Hi,

Here's mine: very simple, but Ofsted were happy!

Thanks Helen: it does exactly what it says on the tin! Little initiative required on my part which is probably just as well :o

Maz

Thanks!

Maz, you might need to do the risk assessment according to the different rooms/areas of your setting, as well as individual new activities that arise throughout the year. Nevertheless, I still think those basic headings are all you really need. I always thought the last column was helpful because it clearly shows that you've considered everything, done what you can, but there may well be a small element of risk. We're now told that that's a good thing, aren't we? :o

Thanks!

Maz, you might need to do the risk assessment according to the different rooms/areas of your setting, as well as individual new activities that arise throughout the year.

Yes, I agree Helen, and this will need to be updated/changed when the little boy increases his days since we offer different circle/physical activities each day.

Which is why I need to get it right first time so I can build on it - so thanks again! :o

Maz

• 2 months later...

Hi, this is the first time I have been on here, so hello...

in answer to your question I am quite sure that you should actually be completing a 'Child Based Risk Assessment Form' which you will find in your SENCO file which all setting should have. Just photocopy it and complete if for the child in question.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)