Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

When Will We Be Inspected?

Emmawill

:o We are a New setting opened in May 2007 and are still waiting for our 1st ofsted Inspection!!!!!!!!!!. HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT ALL SETTINGS ARE TO BE INSPECTED BEFORE EASTER HOLIDAYS WHICH ONLY LEAVES ME THREE DAYS!!!!!!!!!AND COUNTING. Has anyone else had to wait this long? It is driving me mad scrutinising anyone walking around the preschool suited and carrying the trusty laptop!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I work in a private day nursery which opened in June 2006 - our first inspection was in December 2006. Our inspector was very encouraging and fair. We got a Good overall.

I suppose your inspection could be at any time.

Good Luck.

Sam

Hello Emmawill, a warm welcome to the forum :(

I suppose you could always phone them and ask :oxD:(

It does seem quite a while to wait for a first inspection, lets hope it's soon for you and best of luck with it. let us know won't you.

Peggy

I thought it was a condition of registration that all settings are inspected within the first six months...

Obviously they know how good you are, Emmawill! :o

Welcome to the Forum if I haven't welcomed you already.

Maz

hello welcome to the forum - it is untrue that there will be no inspections from the end of march - we were inspected two weeks ago and thats what she said! - good luck they will be with you soon (especially now you have posted abpout it xD:(:( )- we were :o

:o Well still no ofsted so more sleepless nights!!!!!!!!!! wine etc!!!. COULDN,T STAND IT ANY LONGER AND PHONED THEM AND THE INSPECTOR WHO REGISTERED ME ACTUALLY ANSWERED AND SAID THAT INSPECTIONS WILL STILL BE DONE AFTER MARCH AND I WILL BE INSPECTED BETWEEN APRIL AND JULY . SO ONLY ANOTHER 14 WEEKS OF TORTURE THEN !!"!!!!!!! HE HO!!

My childminding friend has OFSTED on Monday - 31st. She was however offered 8th and 9th April as alternative dates but being in the school holidays with her own brood all at home she declined those dates! Its been 5 years since her last inspection.

I m a childminder and we ve been told that all inspections due before the end of March will be done as then there ll be no inspections until Sept as the inspectors are training for inspecting the EYFS .Though I dont know if this applies for other settings

However as I see from a previous post a childminder has been offered a date in April

A colleague of mine is awaiting their first full inspection as a childminder but up until yesterday had had no word so they re sitting on tenterhooks awaiting that phone call and are very confused as they dont know if they ll get an inspection under the old outcomes or EYFS

I regularly visit Ofsted s website to read inspection reports (sad eh!! but it stopped my inspector in her tracks when I said I d read previous inspections by her to see what she looked for and if I had missed anything in my setting) so will look this week to see if they are still inspecting

Guest Wolfie

In another thread, I'm sure that Hali said she'd asked her Ofsted inspector last week about the rumour of no inspections between April and September and it is just that - a rumour. Inspections WILL be continuing.

I can't see that they will stop all inspections during this time - it would put them terribly behind, more than they appear to be at the moment! So for anyone waiting I wouldn't relax and assume that they won't be coming this next term. :o