Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Under Three's

Hi everyone.

Can anyone help me with the planning for the under three's room of our Children's Centre. All our under three's are in one room and we are going to have some young babies joining us soon. The trouble is we also have some advancing three year old's who are not ready PSE wise to move into the over three's ( we have already explored this option with parents, key people and visits). I am looking at the provision over the Easter hols to try to ccomodate and differentiate for all the children. Any ideas?

:o

Thanks !!!!

Hi welcome to the forum. Within our childrens centre we also have one room with children under three which is babies from six weeks to children of 3 , are room has dividers and we have the babies over one side and 2-3 years over the other side. We plan a separate planning sheet for the under two's and a different planning for the children 2-5 years. Hope this helps if not i am sure someone will be along with more answers.

Hey, our baby room is from 3 months to 2 years, so we plan an activity for each day based on the childrens observations!!

So they could range from providing different sized containers for the babies to fill with bits or a creative activity such as playing with jelly!!

We also send home a " all about me sheet" for the parents to comment on,such as what there child can now do at home, or what they enjoy doing and we use this to inform the planning too.

This planning is done weekly and the sheets given to the parents are given out monthly,

hope this helps a bit x

Welcome to the Forum, djingo!

I'm no birth to three expert I'm afraid - but you've been given lots of good advice already and I'm sure there will be others along soon!

Maz

Hi Wolfie

Briefly it has the area covered to fit in with the new EYFS and a focused actitity each day and then child led activities I am off work until the 7th April but when I get back I will try and remember to upload one to the forum we also have individual curriculum plans for each child which we complete to meet the needs of the unique child we also have plans that show the planned equipment we have out each day and which area that fits into we then have a evaluation section to say how we aim to develop and o meet the next step.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)