Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Fsf Members Like Being In Front Of The Cameras?

Steve

Hi all -

We're making a presentation to send out to local authorities and others letting them know more about the FSF and how members use it. I wondered if there were any members living within striking distance of East Sussex who would be comfortable chatting about how they benefit from membership?

It would result in a minute or so (at most) of your presence on a promotional DVD. It would probably take about an hour of your time and could take place either in your setting (with suitable permissions from your parents necessary) or in another room. An alternative possibility is that you travel to us (in Lewes), where we will be happy to supply you with travel expense re-imbursement, tea and very probably an FSF mug! (steady on, don't get too excited...)

I've already been interviewed and it was actually a pretty painless experience (not to say that it will be painless for people viewing the end product), but I know that many people have a horror of doing this sort of thing, so don't volunteer unless you feel happy with the idea! :o

Otherwise perhaps you can email (steve@foundation-stage.info) or PM me with your location? Immortality beckons!

Thankfully I live to far away to support you in this way Steve :o

However if you would like/need written testimonials I'm more than happy to offer my services. I'd need a strict wordcount though... xD

Hope you get lots of offers - will the results be posted on here for all to see?

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

We're hoping to do a web version of it as well Maz so you may well see it on here (although it may require an x certificate for its horror content - I've seen an early draft which consists simply of me and some text).

It's an interesting point about any written recommendations though. Although it's a bit like fishing for compliments I guess these would fit in well with the DVD, so if anyone has nice things to say about the FSF I'd be grateful for some PMs with comments you wouldn't mind being used. :o

By the way, we have an advertisement coming out in EYE next month, so if you subscribe to that magazine keep an eye (pun intended) out for it.

although it may require an x certificate for its horror content

You're not a smoker are you Steve? Just heard on the radio that (I think) Liverpool council are considering putting an 18 restriction on films whose characters smoke!

Who did your make up? :o

I would have loved to join in but I'm a bit too far and currently without 3 front teeth :o , so really would be a horror pic. xD:(

I will think of some testimonial sentences and get back to you.

Peggy

We did actually think of you Peggy and Kent isn't necessarily too far. But we thought it might not be viewed as entirely impartial given that you're a moderator...

The teeth wouldn't have mattered either - they can do amazing things digitally these days. We'd have given you a big bushy moustache and beard! :o

ooh, I've already got the moustache, thank goodness for Immac. :o

I hope you get some volunteers soon, especially now they know you can digitally enhance images. ( not suggesting any FSF members would need this service, I hasten to add xD )

Peggy

:o

xD:(:(

Scary!! What have I become embroiled with..... :(

No, I'd be happy to help with testimonial. sorry I'm not physically closer - although, as you rightly pointed out, Moderators are hardly impartial!!!!!

We did actually think of you Peggy and Kent isn't necessarily too far. But we thought it might not be viewed as entirely impartial given that you're a moderator...

But surely moderators are the perfect candidates. Remember that old advert - "Hi! I'm Victor Kiam - I loved the product so much I bought the company"? Shame is I can remember the man's name but not the company....

You'd need to be a pretty committed Forum member to become a moderator, after all.

"Hi, I'm Peggy - I liked the Forum so much I became a moderator!"

Maz

PS: have you asked any high-profile LEA people? That would be quite an endorsement....