Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy St.patrick's Day!

dublinbay

Greetings to all of you/us celebrating the feast day of Ireland's patron saint.

Enjoy whatever activities you have planned with the children in your groups today and go easy on the green food dye! xD

The wearing of the 'green' was always a sign of irishness in the somewhat turbulent history of Ireland and by wearing it you were standing up, proud to be recognised as one. (Irish that is!)

I will be wearing my special green ear-rings today, flashing ones to amuse the children which hopefully will match the green streaks that my daughter put in my hair yesterday!!!!!! At least it covers the grey! :(:(

Gosh, the things we do! :(

Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing. :o

I thought St Patricks day had been moved to the 15th this year because it falls in Holy week?

Yes, but old habits die hard!

Somehow wishing someone Happy St Patrick's Day on 15th March isn't quite the same.

Isn't that the Ides of March, anyway? Oh dear... :o

Maz

Thats right Maz. I've had several phone calls and texts from various public houses along the route of the parade through Dublin. All from family and friends sending greetings and reminding me that THEY had the day off and I didn't. :o

It's all a bit much when poor oul Paddy can't celebrate HIS day when HE wants to!! xD

It's all a bit much when poor oul Paddy can't celebrate HIS day when HE wants to!! :o

In reality it probably means they started celebrating on Saturday and just carried on... xD

Maz

After spending most of the day texting Happy St P's day to all my Irish relatives, I would like to wish you all happy St Patricks Day.

Net x