Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outstanding Early Years Provision

Hello all,

I have been invited for an early years interview where I have to do a short presentation on my visualization of "Outstanding Early Years Provision".

I am really excited about this and have lots of ideas but was wondering what other people's advice might be. Do you think it is a good idea to take photographs of work/children to exemplify ideas? What would you include in your presentation?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated :-)

Glittery xx

I would use pictures but not of the children. I would also look at the ofsted outstanding area to look at the sort of areas that are getting people outstanding. I would also include a action plan showing what you would like to see to show an outstanding early years provision and would put in how thiscould be achieved by who and cost and time implications this would then show that you are aware of the realities involved. Hope this helps a little I am sure others will be along soon with some good advice.

Hi glittery and welcome!

Your idea to illustrate what you are talking about with photos sounds like a good one, especially if they are from your own provision elsewhere.

Be careful in an action plan that you are not running down the provision looking for the employee!

Nope sadly not but keen to improve :-) Work in a Foundation Stage unit which was rated good with elements of very good.

Hi glittery and welcome!

Your idea to illustrate what you are talking about with photos sounds like a good one, especially if they are from your own provision elsewhere.

Be careful in an action plan that you are not running down the provision looking for the employee!

Thank you Susan - I will take ideas from the action plan from what was suggested by the Head when I went for a walkround.

it does state your VIZUALISATION so i would do an action plan based on what you think outstanding practice is. In cheshire we use a self evalaution toolkit 'moving on' to measure quality. Having jsut completed an assignment on my principles and how we measure quality i would mention KEEP,the principles in practice cards in EYFS and any other your LA use.OMG was just going to do word count then!!! Need a break!!!

Edited by Andreamay

Hello, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum Glittery. You look very much at home already! Good for you. :o

Thank you Dublinbay, it is nice that everyone is so welcoming :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)