Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing Great News!

Just wanted to share my great news with everybody (doing the very proud mum bit!!) My son, Craig, has just got a 2:1 degree in history at Cambridge. As you can imagine we are absolutely delighted for him.

But what is even better he went to a playgroup and then to state schools all the way from reception to 6th form. Just shows what a great job the state sector does!!! :D:D:D

Keep up the good work everybody knowing that play is the foundation for these children we care for!

Linda

WOW!!

Congratulations to you and your son you must be thrilled.

Not just the good state sector though don't forget the part you have played over the years as Mum :D oh and of course all the effort and hard work you son put in.

Your pride and excitement in your post is almost tangible and its great to share your news :D

Thanks Geraldine

I want to shout it from the roof tops as you can imagine!

And you are right, we have worked hard as a family for him to achieve this but I do believe very strongly in the state sector of education. By going to the local school with all his friends I feel he is a better person-a more rounded person. And that is the best thing about the state sector, they nurture their personality as well as the academic side.

Linda

Congratulations on becoming a proud mum, Linda!

It so good to hear about the merits of a state education, but don't forget all the hard work your son put in as well !! ( I'm sure you didn't)

Enjoy the moment

mousebat

sorry Linda that didn't come out right ! I'm sure you've always been proud of your son. Apologies - my only excuse is I've been writing reports on and off all day- my mind is frazzled. I came to the forum for some light relief.........

mousebat

Oh Linda thank you for sending me on a nostalgic trip!! You have reminded me of when my eldest graduated 4 years ago - there are actually no words to describe the feeling 'fit to burst' is the nearest I can get.

My over-riding memory is of the graduation ceremony with me with his 3 brothers and Dad (new outfit for mum of course :D ) standing outside the robing room and waiting and searching for my son to reappear. When he did the lump in my throat was golfball size!!! and for once I was really lost for words.

You have it to look forward to - remember the video/camera and LOTS of tissues and treasure the day!

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS again! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Linda.. Terrific news, congratulatons to you and your son, i'm sure you are very proud of him, as he is of you i'm sure :)

Trea x

Sorry - I'm a bit late with my congratulations. I've had such a busy week and am suffering from end of termitis. My brain has clogged up and I want to sleep for a week. :o You must be on top of the world Linda. :D

:oAnd many congrats. from me too!

A wonderful achievement for your son and your family too!

Wishing him very good luck for the future !

Janice

Congratulations Linda to your son. It's a great feeling when they finish uni and a relief on the family budget too. What are his future plans?

Yes as you say it does prove that there are opportunities for children attending state school but I guess they do well because they want to be there. This was before the days of Desirable Learning Outcomes and Early Learning Goals. I just hope this generation of children are not totally turned off by the time they reach 18. I know of many 5 year olds that dislike school already. Both my children had very different strengths at school one being very academic the other very practical. The education system met both of their needs and they both enjoyed school untill the day they left.

Fab news, Linda. Congratulations Craig :D:D:D

I'm going to spend the next twenty odd years in tears; I cry at everything my kids do! Annie just did her first tap dance show (on stage for all of 2 minutes) and I was sobbing in the audience. :o

xD:D:o WOW FANTASTIC

what a great family, it just shows all the hard work, support, tears, anger, sleepless nights on both parties!!?? understanding, determination, believe, confidence and self esteem and not forgetting LOVE can do for everyone double wammey celebrations allround

WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS to all xx

I am in tears here. Thank you so much to all of you for your good wishes. This is the thing I love about this site. We have our questions and our moans but above all we can share the good times too!

We are off tomorrow for the "do". Gavin and I are invited to a formal dinner with Craig tomorrow evening and then his graduation is on Thursday morning. I know I will be blubbing for most of the time-if not all of it!! I'm like you Helen, tears for everything!!! :D My handbag isn't big enough to take a box of tissues!!! :o

I will no doubt let you all know how it all went on Friday.

Thanks again.

Love

Linda