Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Another Dissertation Help !

Hello all,

Im starting to think about my dissertation for my BA Hons Pri Ed, of which i specilise in Early Years. I have 10000 words to fill up.

my general and first thoughts were on the lines of:

1 - how the classroom environment effects learning

2 - role play areas

3 - the outside environment

4 - reggio

5 - are we allowing children to be creative

6 - structure in the Reception classroom (too much too soon)

i know this is all very random and im sure everyone has much stronger ideas than this! but these are the kinds of areas im interested in, im also not sure whether theres alot of lit. involved with some of the ideas.

thanks for any suggestions, they will be muchly appreiciated!!

Hi,

It's a good start to do something which you are interested in, I am currently working on my dissertation although feel I am struggling,,,,

anyway, your topics sound very interesting and alot of them may overlap, could do about learning environments fostering creativity and bring Reggio into that??

have you heard of the communication friendly spaces by Elizabeth Jarman, there is a video on teachers tv about it, which may help you with linking up some of your ideas and give you more to think about !!

Essc

yes i have, a lovely video, i think im leaning towards the whole 'positive learning environment' topic but as it is has such scope i need to crack down on one aspect, you are right though, my ideas do overlap and i can use reggio as a comparison.

what is your topic? x

i think im leaning towards the whole 'positive learning environment' topic but as it is has such scope i need to crack down on one aspect

Well the Early Years Foundation Stage is all about enabling environments isn't it - so there should be a wealth of information but I'm sure that hali found it hard to find articles etc. for her literature review. No doubt she'll be along to confirm or contradict later...

As you say, you need to narrow it down to one aspect: how about role play (or creativity) outdoors?

Maz

Guest Wolfie

The subject of creativity and how to best promote and nurture it in children is a real hot topic at the moment, so something around that might be good?

• 1 month later...

I have just handed in my final dissetation which was 9.620 words in total!Feels like a huge burden gone off my shoulders seriously!!

I did my dissertation on how does gender affect the way in which young children choose to play in the early years?

I found lots of research on this topic, and ongoing debates. I observed the cihldren during free play and then did questionaires for children and parents to see their views.

My advice do something which is current, so creativty is a big one in the goverment at moment.

Gud luck

Dee

x x

Congratulations Dee - what a sense of achievement! Gender is one of my interests too - did my Foundation Degree research on how pink and blue affects children's creativity.

Now all you have to do is sit back and wait for the results to come in! :o

Maz

congratulations Dee - xD

LTL has quite a few articles but its the research to back it all up im finding hard - so as the others say try narrowing it down to something specific :o

yes i have, a lovely video, i think im leaning towards the whole 'positive learning environment' topic but as it is has such scope i need to crack down on one aspect, you are right though, my ideas do overlap and i can use reggio as a comparison.

what is your topic? x

My dissertation was on the transition from nursery to primary so the environment had a part to play there- with developmental needs of those children just 4 needing more space and quiet areas and also how the environment can illustrate the philosophy of the setting- play or more formal learning. Also for another assignment been looking at reggio and compared it to the enabling environments in the eyfs.

I would recommend you do something that YOU are interested in, because it does rather consume your life!! xD and you wont want to do it if you lose interest! although it does help to pick a topic that is of interest currently---

perhaps the eyfs and enabling environments would be a good one? like what is enabling environments? different interpretations like Montessori, forest schools, Reggio etc......

An idea for you, but really up to you!! :o

Essc x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)