Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can Anyone Help?

I am a HND student and have been asked to create a lesson for foundation stage. The subject is 'Knowledge of the world around us', it has to have an activity to support my chosen subject but I'm stuck for ideas. Can anyone help? :o

Welcome to the Forum, collegegirl!

I'm sure someone will be along tomorrow with words of wisdom - what kind of setting are you in? Since you're talking about creating a lesson, I'm assuming you're in a more 'formal' setting than I am in pre-school?

Maz

Welcome to the forum. xD That is quite a broad subject, perhaps as a starting point you should decide what 'area' interests you most. This could be something to do with the seasons, animals, plants, materials, technology etc. Once you have decided this it will probably start to fall in place more. Good luck. :o

Hello collegegirl, a warm welcome from me too. As others have said KUW is a wide area, is it a hyperthetical plan or is it for children you are currently working with / on placement with?

If you give us an idea of which 'aspect' of KUW interests you, you feel most comfortable with, or can link to childrens interests then I am sure we will come along with some ideas for you.

Peggy

Hi thankyou to everyone for replying and your warm welcomes. I'm not actually in a setting I'm currently in a placement as part of my course which is HND Advanced Practice in Working with Children and Families. As part of our Pedagogy unit we have to create lesson plans and activities, we have to teach these lessons to our peers in a type of roleplay activity. As you can tell I'm new to this and haven't had a great deal of experience, I'm, training to be a teacher. So anywords of wisdom are welcome. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)