Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Skiing

Well today is finally the day that my daughter (13) has gone skiing with the school.

After all the trouble she had with her friends 'dumping' her a few weeks ago, she was sorted with a new group of friends who all really wanted to be together.

Hubby took her to the departure point at 1.15am this morning, she didn't bother going to bed last night, so pity the poor teachers the other end with 131 over tired kids to cope with!

Her friend jumped on the bus and said 'i'll save you a place next to me on the bus', with that she gave her dad a hug and jumped on. (I didn't go, it's not good to see your mum cry in front of your friends - is it!) :( With that they set off to Manchester airport for a 7am flight to Grenoble.

Had the phone call at 1.30pm this afternoon to say that they have arrived safely. :(

Although the kids always seem to be in their room watching telly/cumputers and only coming out for food, the house does seem empty with only one left.

Oh well, seems like we shall have to make use of all those wetherspoons vouchers we had through the door last week :oxD

Will be doing a similar post in June as my daughter will be off to Paris for a week with the school! I am sure she will have a fab time. You must be missing her! When I was at school the most exciting trip away was to Mersea Island for the week. It rained the whole time and our tent had a leek.

I'm sure your daughter will have a lovely time Brenda - I did when I went skiing for the first time away from my mum when I was 13!

She'll be home soon enough telling you all about it and the house will seem full of noise again. In the meantime, enjoy a little taste of freedom (and the vouchers!) and try not to miss her too much!

Maz

ditto shiny as to my school trip experiences :o and our lad is due a trip to France this year. Hope your daughter has a fantastic time and you don't miss her too much to enjoy a bit of 'you' time. xD

Peggy

im sure she will enjoy herself, and come back full of new experiences to share with you.. my son did when he went with the school seems a long time ago now... he got hooked on skiing and has gone every year since!

you will enjoy the quiet once used to it.. and really notice the noise on her return..

Inge