Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Why Do They Do It?!

:o Why???? Got to work on Friday morning to find 2 smashed windows...glass everywhere inside and outside. Thought we could get cleaned up in time to carry on as normal and not let whoever did this to get the better of me!!!!! Unfortunately the glass had got in every nook and cranny so made decision to cancel nursery for the day....Frantically rang round to parents who were just as shocked and angry as we were.

Staff spent the whole day taking everything outside, cleaning, hoovering etc over and over again to make sure no area was untouched. Windows replaced later in the afternoon...went home about 4pm....couldn't settle really and was still in shock & angry.

Woke up Saturday morning and I said I was going to check on the nursery as I had a bad feeling!!!Hubby came with me and guess what...another smashed window! xD Rang the police who gave me a crime number(!). We cleaned up the glass and measured the window to get some board from B & Q which my hubby put up for me.

Now this morning when I get in the first thing i have to do is .....hope no other windows have smashed and contact the headteacher to arrange for another window to be replaced.

I feel sick with worry as this could go on for a long time especially if they keep getting away with it.

Mrsb

We had a few problems before we moved premises!! It is really upsetting and frustrating. The premises stopped it happening by installing CCTV, but this was an expensive solution!!

Hope everything was ok on arrival this morning!!

Oh Mrs B, experienced this myself a few years back it is SOOO frustrating, annoying and leaves you feeling powerless. :o

Hope today was ok and these hooligans get caught very soon.

Peggy

Sorry, just a thought, although won't change how you feel but when claiming insurance, ensure you claim wages costs for all who cleared up :o

Peggy

So sorry to hear your news. Very, very annoying! Hope this morning, everything was still in tact.

Our village hall had a smashed window, every few weeks. They had to install CCTV cameras and it has stopped. Are there any grants available to help with the costs of installation of such preventative measures?

Happened to us once a few years ago, with a stray golf ball, which may have been an accident but still leaves you in shock.

I know just how you feel Mrsb. We got a phone call a few weeks ago to say that somebody had tried to break into pre-school. Fortunately there was just a bit of debris in the toilets-I'm wondering if they were disturbed or thought it was just toilets and decided not to bother. It's not the first time we have had damage done. It's so frustrating! It always seems to happen on a Friday evening for us and I even threatened to sit in pre-school and hope I copped them. My husband talked me out of that one!!

I hope all was well this morning.

Linda

Idiots. That kind of thing makes more angry than anything else I can think of. xD

If CCTV is so expensive, could fake cameras be an option? I've seen one somewhere but will have to dig hard to remember where.

Hope all is ok today :o

Guest Biker

Just wanted to say hope everything was ok today.It makes me so sad to hear stories like this.

Thinking of you and dont let them beat you.

Biker.

I hope this week is better for you Mrs B, I thought we had it bad coping with rubbish and cat mess. Why are people so disrespectful is what I want to know. We had metal grilles over our windows in our last building due to being at the end of a football pitch.

Do you know who is behind it? We got the local community police officer to go and have a word with ours and I think having a warning in front of their parents did the trick.

Guest MaryEMac

So sorry to hear that mrsb. I know how you feel as in 2000 we were in a pavilion on the village playing field and we had 3 break-ins in 5 days. I began to dread going over the field to work. Luckily our new building was ready apart from us having our new registration certificate, so we closed for the day, borrowed a van from a parent and moved. Our chairman had to sit for a whole day at social services in the next town to get the certificate so we could open the next day.

I hope today was better.

Mary

Glad to say all ok yesterday when I arrived.....I to am dreading going in at the moment just in case I'm faced with more smashed windows. It really does knock you for six....unfortunately we are not aware of who is doing this.

The local paper came out yesterday...called by a parent! took some photographs of me(!), parents and children....not sure if this is going to make things better or worse. Sometimes I wonder if this kind of publicity is just giving these idiots some kind of "medal"!

Let's hope the week continues to be positive.