Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyps Or Foundation Degree?

Hi

I completed my DPP last year and I'm now working part time in a sessional pre-school. I really enjoyed studying after so many years and I decided to look into doing a foundation degree in September. I have spoken to the course tutor at my local college today and she has told me that as I already have a BA degree from years ago, I should apply for the EYPS but she didn't have much info about it.

I thought the EYPS was only for those who had years of experience working with children. I have nearly 2 years pre-school including my volunteering and a further 3 years as a volunteer at a local primary school. I am also interested in how much study time you have to put into the courses as I don't want to overstretch myself.

Any advice would be great.

Sally

I am absolutely NO EXPERT here, but think someone like Helen could help. I think time involved depends on the pathway you are advised, which will take into account your degre and experience.

In Daycare, you have to have a minimum experience post-qualifying before you can be in a Senior (ie management) position.

You could certainly consider doing the EYPS, and you can decide on the pathways along with the provider as to which is better for you. I know of some candidates who don't have any EY experience at all and they are the ones usually doing the long pathway. I am finding that I dont really have time to give the EYPS my full attention (I've just done Gateway review) so you do need to think about how much time you have for studying/writing up. And there is always the option to take longer if you feel the going is getting too tough for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)