Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Wellies!

Guest Wolfie

Hi,

I recently got a brochure called Kaboodle and I am sure they had wellies in them. I have since binned it, but if you search engine it, hopefully will come up.

We just get parents to donate wellie. We now have 40 pairs of very interesting wellies, frogs - paint your own.

Net x

I need about 30 pairs of wellies as well! I am going to ask parents but i don't think we will have enough forthcoming so I will have to buy some. Everywhere I've looked are expensive and I tried Ebay but the cost of posting takes the price up quite a bit.

Linda

all our children bring in their own pair of wellies which they keep at nursery - as they grow out of them some parents donate them as spares so we now have most sizes in case of children who haven't got their own.

As a matter of interest - why do you want them?

If the children are going to wear them, do you need to be careful about second hand ones due to verucas etc.

Will the children share them or will they be allocated there own pair.

I don't think verrucas would be a problem if the children are wearing socks.

Have you a friendly local school who would let you put out a letter to the parents of younger children asking for donations? How about trying at charity shops or car boot sales too?

Have you tried the cheap shoe shop "bacons" or Tesco/asda. Im sure the last pair i brought for my daughter were only a couple of pounds.

when all the summer stuff comes in the shops they usually put wellies on sale. May be worth trying

Thanks for all your replies. We want a permanent stock of wellies at the nursery so there are never any excuses not to go outside! I'd thought about approaching the local Asda or Matalan and seeing if they've got the quantities that we require but you're right, maybe we should try a letter out to parents first....

parents bring to nursery and children keep them at nursery dont have any problems with them not being supplies. perhaps woolworths as they are relatively cheap any way and at this time of year they tend to start selling off winter gear such as wellies.

My daughters nursery school requested that parents bring in a spare pair of wellies so the children wouldn't have an excuse not to play outside. They also asked if parents would like to purchase splashsuits for £11.

I'm a childminder and I ask all my parents to supply the children with wellies as we spend alot of time outdoors. I also have my own supply of splashsuits in different sizes.

Children grow out of wellies so quickly so I'm sure you'd get a good response if you were to send a letter out to the parents requesting them to bring in old pairs.

we got each child to bring wellies in a couple of years ago and have ended up with loads ! wish parents would bring back spare clothes and not store them at home !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)