Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It Is Good To Be Back!

I spent four years in Reception and in September 2007 moved to Year 3. This was my own choice as I felt I needed to get experience in another keystage. Anyway, I am currently on TLR2 and about to apply for a Foundation Stage Leader/SENCo role in a local school. I already know the HT and have been for a visit this week that was extremely positive. So this is my chance to get back to what is really my passion - the FS!

Can anyone help me with my supporting statement? I realise I have to relate my experience to the job spec etc but I would really like to see anyone elses just to kick start me!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sausages and welcome! :o Good luck with your application - I would say get your teeth into the new EYFS document and the principles contained within it and see if you can relate some of your knowledge and experience to how you would ensure that practice is guided by those principles.

Edited by Wolfie

Hi there sausages, and welcome from me too.

A supporting statement is quite personal, and you may wait a while before anyone comes along and offers to let you read theirs.

Instead, why don't you have a go at addressing the person spec from your own experience, then ask someone else to read it for you. Be clear about what areas you also want to develop or areas that you have less experience, as well as clearly stating how you fit the person spec in other ways.

good luck

• 4 weeks later...