Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition Policy

I've just written one of my EYPS tasks all about transitions but haven't developed a formal policy yet - there's some good stuff on the EYFS Principles into Practice cards that you could include - the bit about the Wider Context, I think.

Hi Hali

Yes I did write a very simple policy and I am so sorry I didn't post it on here as I said I would! Old age is my excuse!! I am attaching it for you now.

If anybody has any ideas how this can be improved upon feel free to let us know.

Linda

Transition_policy.doc

Linda:

Have downloaded your policy to read properly later but firstly can I say I love the logo and secondly, what's the transition toolkit?

I don't have a transition policy. Do I need one? Must I have one?

Thanks for sharing yours, Linda!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Hi Maz

The transition toolkit, also known as Following the Footsteps, is Stockports transition document that they want all settings to use when children transfer to school. It has only been used since last year really and we are still trying to get our heads round it at pre-school.

I don't know that you must have a transition policy-I suppose it's like many others, you have to ask the question is it really necessary? We had to have one in place for our QA award, which was again Stockports own. I suppose though like most policies it makes you think about your practice and ensures all staff know what they should be doing.

Glad you like the logo-I just did a Google search for children and that was one I found.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Hali

Yes I did write a very simple policy and I am so sorry I didn't post it on here as I said I would! Old age is my excuse!! I am attaching it for you now.

If anybody has any ideas how this can be improved upon feel free to let us know.

Linda

Thanks that's very useful to see your policy.

Carole]

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have a Transition policy from Private day Nursery to School that I can have a look at or any websites which might help me get my brain in gear.

Please help I just can't seem to get my brain in gear today.

Welcome to the Forum, Sharon

One thing we've had to deal with is the effect of children when their friends leave the setting - perhaps that might be worth a mention too!

Maz

Does anybody have a Transition policy from Private day Nursery to School that I can have a look at or any websites which might help me get my brain in gear.

Please help I just can't seem to get my brain in gear today.

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the forum. I've merged your topic with the one surfer mentioned. :o

Thanks for the link. I am just finding my way around this site, please be patient with me I may be a bit slow!!!!

Gosh, you've just summed up my life! :o Welcome from me too.

Sally

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I found a draft transition policy on the TES website at the beginning of june. I have amenede to suit my school will try and upload the draft tomorrow dont have memeory stick to hand .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)